WHY WAS =STAR= booleyLOD kicked and banned from ITBG Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willgetuback

First of all, I am an active =STAR= clan member. Many of the ITBG players have played on our server and still play. I recognize some of your names. Our clan founder and leader was playing on an ITBG Suez server two days ago and was commanding the EU team. He complained several times to the admin that glitchers and hackers had been responsible for bringing the EU titan consols down. The EU did not use pilum overload and blew up the consols from inside the shields. No admin on ITBG ever answered or identified himself. EU commander booleyLOD thanked his team and told them that the PAC team cheated there way to a win. He also messaged the PAC team that their victory was meaningless since PAC players cheated their way to victory. Seconds before the EU titan blew up, a ITBG Admin kicked banned booleyLOD from the server. booleyLOD tried several times to log into the site in order to file a complaint on this clan server, but was not allowed entry and thus did not have a website address. Since he was obviously angry with ITBG over the rude and unfair handling of this situation, he filed a complaint on the EA general forum in order to bring attention to this matter. We are not taking this out on any ITBG clan member and all ITBG members are always welcome to play on the =STAR= server. Clan wars are never good for the game. However, ITBG should lift the ban on booleyLOD and apologize to him for the mishandling of an obvious bad situation caused by players not following the ITBG rules. We feel that the ITBG Admin who issued the kick ban should be reprimanded for his actions since it is obvious that he was on the PAC team and took offense to booleyLOD's legitimate complaint. If you would like to discuss this like gentlemen, please feel free to visit us at www.starclan.info

Correction: The Pac team players glitched into consul three before the shield went down. They did not use a pilum. Consul was blown and shield remained up. Then they blew up consol two and four from the inside as well. Why would any ITBG admin kick and ban an honest player for bringing up a legitimate hacker problem. In our minds the hacker glitchers should be kicked banned and not the honest player complaining about the problem. This is what the real story was behind this situation.

Well, since nobody else seems to have answered I'll go ahead. From what I understand booleylod did complain about the rdx glitching of the consoles, along with several others. We had admins in the server and someone acted on his complaints, but didn't understand the situation entirely and actually banned Booley by mistake. This was in no way meant to be malicious or malevolent, it was just human error.

I would hope that if booley had such strong feeling about this subject that he would have said something in our forums, but this is the only post I've seen on it so far. So why all of the supposed outrage when booley couldn't even say anything himself? He's never been shy about posting here before so I don't see why he wouldn't say something now. It's easy to remedy and we would've been happy to talk with him to clear this up.

And "willgetuback"? Are we supposed to feel anonymously threatened that somebody is upset about an error in banning? Get serious for a few minutes and hopefully others will take you more seriously.

is this the thing that is done by placing RDX in the area above console 1 or 2 by putting it above the ramp outside 3 or 4? I have had that happen to me before when I was defending on 1. Not this particular game, but I suddenly died from an explosion when near the console and nobody was even in the hallway I was defending. Took me by suprise, that's for sure.

From the OP it seems as though Booley may be IP banned from our website and that is why he was unable to post himself. But then again now that I read it states that he could not re-enter the server to get our web address. If that were the case why not just join one of our other servers?

The complaint is legitimate and could be easily handled if brought to our attention, but posting on EA forums how our servers are going to shit without stopping here is out of line. We take the game play of our servers seriously and will work to improve things if they are brought to our attention. Just remember, we cannot fix a situation unless we know what is going on which is why we welcome such discussions. Please keep that in mind and if you see something in our servers such as an RDX glitch that blows consoles document who and (at least) when so we can try to verify it and take action. Screen shots and video are great but we need something to go on. As far as the name willgetuback I hope that was unintentional; nothing good can come of intentional threats.

I was unsure what happened when it happened to me (I thought it was the Pilum trick), but now I know better. Do I take a screenshot with print screen and then use photoshop to crop it? Or, is there a command in game?

As a commander you would investigate who was doing the BS; if it wasn't overloading then it was a couple players swapin kits. But, once again these things are easy to find out.

Most of STAR is from the DARK clan which had big-time hacking members. I was told STAR broke off from DARK to become legit (2 STAR members told me so) ... I never know what to believe on the Battlefield!

Once a cheat... always a cheat. Glad this can be laid to rest... can't believe it stirred us up this bad. TBG (jaws) = FTW

Oh - usually people on the titan deck can hear explosions going off inside the titan. That has been the case for me - i'll hear explosions inside the titan and then look at the shield indicator... hmmm... shields are still up... whats going on inside our titan? then i start looking at the player name that keeps moving around inside our titan. Watch him jump in a transport and fly over to the enemy titan. Where he will be killed and his kit is picked up by his buddy who detonates the RDX placed on the consoles inside our titan. He re spawns on the titan and immediately runs down to the consoles with rdx in hand - BAN!

I think he was spoofed or something. I don't think Booley is a hacker at all. Check his stats, if he is a hacker he is not a very good one. I've played with the guy before and never have suspected him of doing anything wrong. I don't know him so I can't speak to his character but I really don't think that was him.

http://2142-stats.com/booleyLOD+stats.html

Soldier, many hackers aren't that great. ;).

Not only that but if you look at the link that Jaws posted the name is including clan tag is all one word. -DaRKbooleyLOD versus ^DaRK- booleyLOD. These are two entirely different people. I know it seems as though I'm defending him but if I were in a similar situation I would hope someone would do the same for me. I believe this is a case of mistaken identity and without anything conclusive that this ban is wrong. Check GUID's on PBBans, I only have public access. I'd hate to see someone be wrongly banned because someone spoofed them and by the difference in names poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back