When Shit Gets Serious: SOCOM .50 Cal Sniper Paintball Kit

ErikStenger

Is paintball sniping really true to the sport's original intent? I mean, I guess you have to build a certain amount of skill to effectively aim and control your shots, but it's not like snipers have to run. Or maneuver their bodies to dodge and hurdle and roll behind cover. Or move very much at all. I get why static sharp shooters are useful in law enforcement and, like, war, but in a pastime that's supposed to be both strategic and athletic? Maybe the SOCOM .50 Cal Sniper Kit would be good though for guys with bad backs or who tore their ACL playing paintball last week or for the camping a-hole you play Battlefield with.

The kit comes with a complete sniper spread, plus a Tippmann A-5 paintball gun.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046VIK9W/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_su_dp&tag=duiwath-20

Specific contents include:

• 1 x .50 Cal Sniper Magazine for the Tippmann A-5
  • 1 x 18" Raptor Tactical Rifled Barrel Type D
  • 1 x Carbine Buttstock Type II
  • 1 x RIS Bipod with 45 Degree Swivel
  • 1 x Sidewinder Scope Mount
  • 1 x SOCOM M4 Body Shroud for Tippmann A-5
  • 1 x Tactical 9 x 32 Sniper Scope
  • 1 x Thread-on Socom Silencer (.68)
  • 1 x Tippmann A-5 Marker Package

Last edited:
You'll see my butt in a tree stand picking everyone off and the last few run around trying to find my pale ass.

Sniping in paintball is more about ambush, running and hiding again if needed, or having a very quiet paintball marker... Which the A5 is not due to its blowback bolt system. There are only two barrels to my knowledge that increase the range of the shots, the apex barrel and the tippmann flatline barrel, which add backspin to keep the round in the air longer, which also makes the accuracy at range shitty.

You would be better off when a modded pump or electronic closed bolt marker for sniping, which unfortunately don't look as cool :(

And wow I haven't thought about that stuff for years.

Sniping in paintball is more about ambush, running and hiding again if needed, or having a very quiet paintball marker... Which the A5 is not due to its blowback bolt system. There are only two barrels to my knowledge that increase the range of the shots, the apex barrel and the tippmann flatline barrel, which add backspin to keep the round in the air longer, which also makes the accuracy at range shitty.

You would be better off when a modded pump or electronic closed bolt marker for sniping, which unfortunately don't look as cool :(

And wow I haven't thought about that stuff for years.

Exactly what I was going to say. benefits of barrel length peak at 14in anything longer does not increase range or accuracy.

Sent by Tapatalk carrier pigeon via Nexus 5.

Back