The BF 109: the ultimate BFV fighter plane + My impressions

Graphic-J

I have dotted down some words regarding my summary of the current state of the Battlefield V BETA Planes down below. I have also included this small commentary video that I gathered from last night's stream. Flying in probably the best plane in BFV right now... the German's Messerschmitt Bf 109.

So here it is... I’m stoked that we will be flying our fantasy planes like the Spitfire, BF-109, Stuka and more. But let’s face it, currently right now for this Beta the bf-109 is completely superior to the spitfire in gun placement, HP damage output, maneuvering and energy fighting.) makes dogfighting almost unbearable. Dice I ask of you to go back to the symmetric style of planes that we know and love, we appreciate the work that goes into these things but asymmetric gameplay for planes is not what we need.

• Physics for planes: Planes lose energy and speed very quick in maneuvers and turns. If we have to I would prefer the old bf3 style of flying, but the current state is literally unacceptable.

• The lack of visibility in air-to-ground: this isn’t a complaint but an interesting variable that nerfs planes but allows skill to enter spotting infantry on the ground, this can allow more powerful weapons on planes without the fear of farming kills due to lack of visibility and allows pilots to rely on infantry for Air support callouts.

• I can crash my plane into the ground and explode but if I was in the animation of getting out of the plane as it explodes I survive? This has to be a bug.

• Attention to detail I’m the planes is awesome but for the sake of gameplay I would appreciate it if the pilot had more degrees of freelook. I’m not even going to get on why the rear gunner can still shoot through his own body of the plane while other ground vehicles can’t. Same reason on why third person aiming reticle is still there… and no it’s not static.

----

It's sad because the WW2 air combat was the golden era of dogfighting. It's the age of Spitfires, Mustangs and Stukas... holy shit man! I can care less about bombarding and strafing non-spotted infantry really, that's a secondary bonus. What is very upsetting is at how atrocious the air vs air gameplay is right now. It needs so much attention. BF1's Beta air vs air state was awesome and that's telling much considering how it wasn't my favorite of the series. ...And yet this BFV Beta...eeesh, just release this game by March of 2019.

The planes fly like bricks. Actually, that's an insult to bricks. BF5 planes are about as maneuverable as a neutron star.
And WTF is with the ceiling at like 250 ft???? Planes were meant to FLY...even back in the day these things could go to 25,000 feet. They took ALL of the fun out of flying.

Can I just say @Graphic-J that you should do reviews, if you don't already. Great detail.

Thanks but I'm not sure. I am like some people that don't like to hear my recorded voice. heh.

but hey, I like this editing hobby, who knows in the future.

Back