That moment when your starting your game and something explodes in the next room.

Morbid

Was sitting in Que for a round of squad last night and the water heater in the room next to me decided it was going to blow up... Loud as hell with a 40 gallon rush of water afterwords. Split down the back like a sardine can. Needless to say there was no gaming for me last night. So much for safety valves working..... So off to buy a new water heater and expansion tank today.

Expansion tank failure was the initial cause but the safety valve should have discharged. Guess you really should check those safety valves every 6 months.

It actually keeps the hot water hot as well.. soo... it is a hot water heater or maintainer..

Its scrap metal now.... Managed to not kill myself getting the new water heater down the cellar steps myself yesterday. Replaced the little bit of copper on the end of the Quest tubing with some Pex. Whole house is still obsolete Quest tubing so anytime I do any plumping it either involves Quest to Pex adapters or replacing the entire plumbing run with Pex.. New water heater was up and running about 3 hours after getting it down the steps and me a pile of money poorer :)

Back