Something New ? Just a question

gurdyboy

Battlefield 2 IO Karkand Server

I admit I'm not an authority on what exactly is possible with all the cheats, but I saw
this situation today.
Im familiar with C4 jumping and parachuting, I also understand you can C4 jump from
a rooftop to an even higher altitude, HOWEVER, I noticed a guy floating in from a very
high altitude, coming in behind the (fairly solid) MEC front line. When I shot at him a
couple times, he then launched himself even higher in the air - seemingly without ever
leaving the parachute or landing on the ground.
(there was no C4 blast in the air either ala those fancy c4 macros)

The map ended before I could get close enough to make out the name of that player
for certain, however, the best match from what I saw was " sicdeath148 "
Somewhat supportive of this is that he has been playing for a total of 9 hours and
already has 1.5 hours of parachute time. (for comparison sake, I have 2250 hours of
playtime and have 1.5 hours of parachute time)

Im not so concerned with that guy, because c4 flying may not be against the stated
rules but the possibility of a new cheat that might allow players to fly over positions to the back and ruin the games is another matter.

Is this new or do I just not watch the skies enough ?

J-Slayton

Sounds like a Speed hack / teleport hack, if it's the case?

Ive heard of that, so it's probably not new - thanks for the info :)
I'll be looking up a bit more often.
J-Slayton

Officially It's called the " parachute hack ". Only noob h4x are doing it, since most of them just want the kills, and "owning" everyone.

As far as how old it is - it's been around since I started playing bf2. It comes with any "standard" h4x package - you just have to enable it. The reason it's so popular lately, it's because the auto-admin map creator/owner went awol. When he was around, most of the bf2 servers had the auto-admin default - which automatically kicked/banned them.

Officially It's called the " parachute hack ". Only noob h4x are doing it, since most of them just want the kills, and "owning" everyone.

As far as how old it is - it's been around since I started playing bf2. It comes with any "standard" h4x package - you just have to enable it. The reason it's so popular lately, it's because the auto-admin map creator/owner went awol. When he was around, most of the bf2 servers had the auto-admin default - which automatically kicked/banned them.

That's good info, I'll be watching the skies from now on. Sniping chuters is good fun but killing hackers is priceless.
J-Slayton
J-Slayton2

That's good info, I'll be watching the skies from now on. Sniping chuters is good fun but killing hackers is priceless.
J-Slayton
J-Slayton2

Mega is correct that hack and variations of it have been around for some time now but you rarely see folks using it because if there is an admin on they know it's an automatic ban. Yes it is priceless killing hackers and let's not forgot cheats I always make it a point to kill C4 high roofers before I kick or ban them, it's like adding insult to injury. : )

Back