Some good news regarding some of the cheating in Overwatch

This is some great news!
Thats assuming you think its going to go anywhere. The basic argument is the programmer is causing Blizzard a loss of profits. Easily argued, though no matter what they decide on that its impossible to prove. In fact the programmer may in fact cause higher profits when hackers buy additional copies of the games.

The basic counter argument is that it's the users not the programmer inflicting the so called loss. Probably won't fly too well and I am sure there is some law that at least comes close to covering what the programmer did as illegal.

No matter the laws or the facts. Blizzard has a big enough bank account to make anyone miserable for any reason.

Ya, cause its Blizzard. They are pretty good at keeping riff raff out

It's a program. I used to work with a guy who would watch assembly on a stack and write his code on a napkin. I haven't seen Blizzard work miracles that no other company has yet to accomplish. So I am not surprised one bit.

Good, I hate cheaters with aimbots and can shoot you through walls before you even get there.

I wouldn't say they will ever get hackers completely out of a game but they will fight it harder then any gaming company ever. WoW was a very hacker free game not to say there weren't any but there were so few when you did see one it was rather amazing.

Also Blizzard has some very very expensive lawyers so if anyone can make it stick it would be them.

Well I mean...blizzard has been fighting hackers since forever. World of Warcraft /still / has them, so does D3 and even HoTS. (Can't say much for hearthstone or starcraft, as i don't play it). Sure blizz has their big flashy lawyers, but people will still find ways to cheat. Even with rolling out the bans, they'll never fully be gone. /Maybe/ not as widespread, but never fully gone.

Back