So.. I installed Star Trek online

w@flz

Wont be able to play till later but i need someone to show me around.
:D

The tutorial blows especially if you can't read. It might even make you want to quit. Once you make it through it not so bad.

Level 10 is where its at. A day of doing Episode missions (and ignoring side missions, like dont accept every single thing that pops on your screen) can get you there but its... not something i like doing anymore.

Once your level 10 the power leveling Mirror Universe becomes available. You can reach max level in a couple weeks only playing an hour a day doing nothing but mindless shooting. 10 to 50 is pretty good, Once you reach 50 is where the game begins. You dont HAVE to do any story line missions past level 10 unless you want to. Some of them give good gear some of them are worth skipping.

^^ What he said. Plus, I'm going to tell you straight out: Ground combat sucks. Space combat is awesome though. As Rain said when the Mirror Universe PVE is going on (about once every 2 days or so, maybe a little more, maybe a little less) you can rank up *very* quickly. Usually about 3 ranks in a hour.

Some of the missions drop really good gear, but most are there just to fill out a campaign. Once you get started we can help you get through the lower ones so you can at least get to Level 10 and your first free ship.

I bought Star Trek Online when it first came out, I cant remember why I stopped playing it..

I bought Star Trek Online when it first came out, I cant remember why I stopped playing it..

Lack of content updates in the first year?

Its changed alot and will be having HUGE changes come May 21st. New faction etc.

Hi, my name is Engrish*!

* - see Arch's reason for editing his post. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IRsPheErBj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

so after "X" amount of levels, its one big grind? if you dont pay for content?

You get a free ship every 10 levels except for 50. The ship I run mostly I got from opening a lock box. Lock box keys cost 125 zen or 1.25 USD but you can find them in game for 1.4 to 1.6 million etc and I made like 10 mil a day. Or you can grind out for dilithium and trade it for zen the rates vary. The ship I'm talking about goes for 50 to 70 mil etc probably better to buy then gamble for.

But its as good even better than a ship I spent 2500 zen on from the store.

But yeah free play means time spent but still only an hour a day if u do what I do.

There is no content to pay for, mission or event wise, but some of the more specially equipped ships and pets/tools will require grind time or real $$ to get.

You get a free ship every 10 levels except for 50. The ship I run mostly I got from opening a lock box. Lock box keys cost 125 zen or 1.25 USD but you can find them in game for 1.4 to 1.6 million etc and I made like 10 mil a day. Or you can grind out for dilithium and trade it for zen the rates vary. The ship I'm talking about goes for 50 to 70 mil etc probably better to buy then gamble for.

But its as good even better than a ship I spent 2500 zen on from the store.

But yeah free play means time spent but still only an hour a day if u do what I do.

well cool as shit, I hope you guys are still playing when I get back!

sweet! Hell yea! I am gunna put it on my baby when I get home, and as soon as I get settled in, im gunna tear it up

I have been and always shall be...a nerd. Not even a varsity letter for swimming and water polo, or 8 yrs spreading my seed across the South Western Pacific Rim can take that away from me!

Back