Question On Dual Monitor Setup

ColdIceShot

Good day Guys,

The exchange rate is finally getting a bit better and prices are starting to go down by few hundreds. I might proceed soon by buying a real good monitor. But I was looking at reviews on monitors and got my eyes on this review here:

(Other Thoughts: Be aware if you run this monitor in a multi-monitor setup in Windows 10 with a 60Hz secondary monitor you will be forced to run the PG279Q at 120Hz or you will see noticeable fps dips and skipping in videos. It's not something Asus, Microsoft, or Nvidia want to openly advertise. The only way to run this hardware at spec with a 60hz monitor is to run Windows 7 with Aero disabled.

Links below detail the issue along with an official response from Nvidia on how to resolve it (set your monitors to 120hz/60hz):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...z-stuttering-can-we-soon-get-a-fix-for-this-/

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Jared,

Hello, I would like to thank you for taking your time in writing this review, we certainly value your feedback.This is the first time I've heard of this issue, and it looks like an issue beyond our control as it has to deal with Windows and NVIDIA. For now, you should run the monitor at 120Hz if you're running a 60hz monitor as a secondary. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at cl-justin@asus.com and I will help you to the best of my abilities. I'm here to assist our customers with our products and dedicated in bringing a resolution to all issues that they may come across. Your case for reference is # N1706143377)

Is this common on all dual monitor setup or this is just a ASUS thing? The answer of the manufacturer is good but working myself for a manufacturer I know for a fact that some times we answer what makes us look good to keep selling...

I don't see an issue. 120 hz on the gaming monitor is a great compromise. I can't live without my 5 other monitors.

I don't see an issue. 120 hz on the gaming monitor is a great compromise.
Well I understand that the difference isn't big, it's just that when you pay that much money for something you expect it to do as advertise. I'm also trying to take full advantage of the computer that I build.

I can't live without my 5 other monitors.
And you are talking about compromise? lol ;)

Oh also if my secondary monitor run at 70hz, does the same thing apply or it's different?

Back