PROPOSE...

C

cjjeans

I am going to propose to my girlfriend. I want to anyways.
This is the first girlfriend I have ever felt this way about.
Any words of advice?

Make it memorable, or you'll neeeeeever hear the end of it. LOL 007

I was thinking taking her to the place we met on the same night we met... Going to the same restaurant the same night we met. After we leave the restaurant - taking her home and at her front door - instead of kissing her goodnight - getting down on one knee and asking her to marry me.

Just ask her at the restaurant, GET some Balls baby. If you can do it in public, she will have no doubt.

But the taking her home part was very special the night we met. I mean - not in that way - but just how it happened was very coincidental and charming... i want to add that in!

Either way would be romantic. I proposed to my wife at a restaurant-and she started crying profusely. I thought...well there goes that idea!

After a couple minutes of crying, she said yes. She claims they were tears of happiness, but I'm sure they must have been tears of terror! :(

They were tears of "get me the hell out of here"..lol

Fortunately, unlike some wild beasts, she didn't gnaw off any limbs to escape and we're still married after 10 years so far. It also helps that I put thorazine in her morning coffee. 063

Sounds awesome CJ. Congrats!

I've never proposed myself so I can't offer any advice though lol.

Let us know how it goes whatever you decide to do.

I like the idea, CJ. Definitely should make it something that is a reflection of your relationship. Old familiar places is a good idea.

Just as an aside (and not to ruin anything) but you have had THE talk, haven't you? Topics to include money, kids, careers, goals, money, where to live, money, use of leisure time, money, .... you get the idea. It ain't just about now, it's about the next umpteen years.

Good luck!!

[blockquote] THE talk, haven't you? Topics to include money, kids, careers, goals, money, where to live, money, use of leisure time, money, [/blockquote]
Oh, don't forget kids, kids, kids, and kids. Seriously. I had one lady who wanted to get married and the deal breaker when we had that talk was kids. She wanted a lot of them, I didn't want any. Last I heard she was married with 5, count them, 5 kids. Yikes. Me, I am happy with the cat!

Bottom line, get all that stuff out of the way before you even think about popping the question. Nothing spells messy divorce faster than a lack of communication-before, after (the wedding), and during a marriage. 056

holy smokes! Just tell her how much she means to you as you said its the only girlfriend you really felt about.

GOOD LUCK

LOL
we do talk about a lot of this stuff here and there...
but i think i will be making more of an effort before i ask her parents... you know... its a big deal and could be life long (who knows in america these days...) but I want to spend forever with this girl!

CJ, the only word of Advice that I can say is:

make sure you are both ready, because marriage is an eternal blessing of Joy and fellowship, and Also misery and entrapment lol, j/k. I give you God's blessing, go get her killer lol.

You sure have to make it very special, besides wedding of course. She will remember that day forever and if its not the way she always dreamed of it, it will make her always think if it ever was right thing to do. You know her well, so u should be the one who knows what to do.
GOOD LUCK CJ

I never thought of the wedding being that special day she will remember til the day she dies... but will take it into consideration... def! Thank you all.

Back