Problems with system.....

Eddie

Well my only prob with my systems is that keeps freezing many times in a game and of course im forced to restart it manually :(...Lately i've been xperiencing problems when i fly and suddenly big xplosions and even big fires come to my screen so the game crashes giving me an idea that may be an internal issue...I tried many times to fix it and i had to run the game in the lowest settings possible such as low sound settings and low resolution but it didnt help at all and im still dealing with this prob....Any ideas about this?....i'll appreciate your comments :)
Here is my set up if u need it:

Power Supply: 1000 Watts
CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ (3.2 Ghz)
Motherboard: Asus M2N32-SLI Vista Edition
Ram: OCZ 4 Dual Channel ( 1 Gig each)
HD's: 1 IDE HD for the system and 2 HD Serial SATA for storage
Video Card: BFG 8800 GTX OC (740 MB's)
2 SATA DVD-R Drives
Keyboard: Ideazon Zboard (USB)
Logitech G9 Mouse
Gateway 24" HD Widescreen Monitor (Supports 1080p)
Sound Card: Actually using the one that comes with the motherboard :)
Ethernet C: Using one on the motherboard..

And i tried many ways to fix it such as changing my Internet Router (thinkin this may help) but it didnt and now im thinking about changing my ethernet card (Wich is the one on the motherboard) for a PCI Express Ethernet Card maybe this can fix it...if it does'nt i might buy a new motherboard and CPU....All ideas are welcome :)

If you are referring to 3-5 second freezes in-game, everyone has been getting that within the past 6 weeks. I don't think there's anything you can do about it other then pray they fix it.

As for the system freezing.. that could be anything. I need you to first make sure that when the system freezes that your case isn't overheating or hot enough to make either the Processor or the Graphics Card lock-up.

If it's not because of that then I would recommend reinstalling the graphic's drivers. I can't provide step-by-step for the drivers as it's much better to do it via XFire or Ventrilo where I have immediate access to communication with you.

Well about those 3-5 second freezes i've had them many times in a game and thats no big deal cuz EA isnt fixing it at all but after 1 or 2 matches my whole system goes down no matter what and most of them are caused when a big fire or explosion shows up makin my system crash in a second delay period wich is really weird since my Video settings are very low (following some advices from EA) and actually audio is set very low (according to EA's).I have set my core temp very low and actually im using a Cooper CPU Fan and using many 12 inches Fans inside my Aluminium Case so i believe that temp is not the prob and about the drivers i have reinstalled many times but nothing helps at all even i reinstalled the whole system (Windows XP) believing that may help but it did not....Lately i had some ideas about my internet speed (Because my bro plays BF2142 at the same time) but my speed is over 14000 Kbps for downloading and 3000 Kbps for uploading wich is really normal but i might change it soon...One thing ive had also on mind is maybe the BIOS on my motherboard and it might help.....rawr im mad at my comp 003

have you tried re-installing the game? Whenever i played minsk and went by silo 4 my game would crash but since i reinstalled no problems. Yeah i also do get lag after a round is over or map change.

I personally think it's the game. Try what fast said - reinstall the game. :-|

[quote1216015619=x=FAST=x]
have you tried re-installing the game? Whenever i played minsk and went by silo 4 my game would crash but since i reinstalled no problems. Yeah i also do get lag after a round is over or map change.
[/quote1216015619]

Man i have done this many times and nothing helped lol maybe its cuz its a digital game (i have to download it everytime) but i also have the disc :) im gonna give it a try... 029

Alright. Seems to me like it's a driver issue. Do me a favor Eddie - when you get the time hop on Xfire and I'll guide you through the process of doing a FULL uninstall and reinstall of your graphics drivers.

For general system stability testing:

Use coretemp to monitor the CPU temp and GPU-Z for the video card. They're easy to find.

Stress the CPU with this:
http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

Make sure you stress all cores continuously for at least 15 minutes.

Stress the GPU with Furmark (look it up - easy to find).

Monitor your temperatures and post what they are here towards the end of the tests (when the temperature rises to a flat maximum level).

For the ultimate test, combine prime stressing with furmark stressing while monitoring all temperatures, and at the same time test 20% of your memory (800MB if you have 4GB) with this:
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html

Give the mem tester lower priority with task manager to allow prime to stress the core on which it's running fully. It will still run, just a bit slower.

In the "ultimate test" scenario, all temperatures should be fine and you should get no errors from memtest for at least half an hour's worth of full stress.

It's all a bit extreme, but if you want to have a stable system, I recommend going through this, especially if you're overclocking.

Also, having 4 sticks of memory (any size) used to be a no-no with most Nforce 4 mobos, especially with even the slightest overclocking (memory errors galore or even non-booting). I'm not sure if your chipset (nvidia 590) stomachs them alright... investigate there if you have suspicions.

Ask questions if you have any and post temps.

try lowering the in-game graphics settings. i know you have great hardware (i have a lot of the same components). but, battlefield wasnt built to take advantage of things like dual core and 64bit.

I have the same cpu, ocz sli 4gb ram, dual nvidia 8600gt oc (512mb) in SLI, and i cant run the game at all high settings with out having a driver error. if i turn a few settings down to medium the game runs fine and no device drivers stopping.

i have the latest drivers for everything and im running a great system, but battlefield is still just O.K. on it. other games love the hardware and look great.

[quote1216104633=roth140]
try lowering the in-game graphics settings. i know you have great hardware (i have a lot of the same components). but, battlefield wasnt built to take advantage of things like dual core and 64bit.

I have the same cpu, ocz sli 4gb ram, dual nvidia 8600gt oc (512mb) in SLI, and i cant run the game at all high settings with out having a driver error. if i turn a few settings down to medium the game runs fine and no device drivers stopping.

i have the latest drivers for everything and im running a great system, but battlefield is still just O.K. on it. other games love the hardware and look great.
[/quote1216104633]

:( It didnt work Roth...i ran the game in the lowest settings and crashed 4 times til the game got stabilized and ran smothly for 1 hour.....i think i need more tips lol.....i'll be on Vent tonite so Soulzz might help (i know u will teddy horny bear) lol and about my temp my mainboard comes with a little device that allows you to see temp core temp on ur GPU and how much Ram u are using and it was a little starnge cuz when i ran the game for about 45 mins the temp core went up to 65-69,GPU core temp was on 45 and Ram usage was just normal.....but my system does not recognize its 4Gbs sticks wich is weird ....Actually my system is runing with 3.20 gibs of ram and the loss of ram is lost somewhere and dunno how i can make it work at its full capacity.....im gettin pissed and i might throw it tru my window lol....Anyway thanks guys for ur help i really appreciate it....you all are awesome..lol :D

If your computer is seeing only 3.2 GB's then you are running a 32-bit operating system.

I won't be on much longer tonight - exhausted. Message me over Xfire today and I'll get back to you.

my last resort would be to reformat. Not sure if its worth it though. :(

[quote1216121577=x=FAST=x]
my last resort would be to reformat. Not sure if its worth it though. :(
[/quote1216121577]

yeah you right Fasty because i did reformat last month thinking that may help but nope it wasn't worth hehehe well im running out of ideas :(

soulzz is right, on any 32bit OS, 4gb is the physical max amount of ram. the computer reserves the other .8 or so gb for the system to run on. once you move to a 64bit OS you can run like 128gb i think. my motherboard supports 8gb.

there is nothing wrong with vista 64bit, ive been running it for a few months now and i dont have any horror stories about compatibility or driver problems. the computer does perform faster on 64 programs but it doesnt help bf2142 at all.

If you do decide to switch to Vista Eddie I would recommend this site for tweaking it: tweakhound.com

Well, your temps seem to be really good. I get about 100C GPU and 60C CPU after heavy stress for a while :)

They're pretty high, but I'm overclocking everything, while I also like quiet so the fans aren't at max, and it's perfectly stable in the meantime...

Holy cow..........im gonna be off for 3 days because my damn mainboard didnt accept the new BIOS so now im f..kd lol and the saddest thing is that i cant downgrade it cuz it wont allow me......piece of poop 030

With Asus mobo's you can reset the bios. There is a jumper on most Asus mobo's that allows you to manually reset the BIOS.

The easiest way however would be to remove the CMOS battery which powers the BIOS. It is a grey battered the size of a quarter. All you need to do is pop it off, wait 90 seconds and put it back in.

This will put the BIOS back to the default date it was set to when it shipped.

Hope this helps! :D

I think he meant that he can't downgrade the bios version, not the settings.

All motherboards (that I have seen so far) have a jumper to reset the bios settings to defaults, but if the ASUS flashing program doesn't allow you to downgrade bios versions, that's a different story (if I understand correctly).

Look up a 3rd party utility which you can force flash the bios with (like awdflash or something) and just get the .bin file and flash it. Should work just fine.

i just bought a new mobo...son of a biat.....i was lookin for that jumper but it didnt have it so the only thing thats shows now is a blue screen tellin that some driver is corrupted and wont run windows not even in safe mode....damn me lol...i tried to reinstall windows with a different HD but the system crashed anyways so i'll change the Mobo for a new one..hope this works.....(if any of you wanna help just look for my Mobo Model M2N32 SLI Vista Edition...thx see ya soon if im lucky :D

Back