Ping limit for BF3 server....

KILLA_U

Admin
Admin
Hey wanted to know if its possible to put a ping cap of somewhere around 200 for the BF3 server. I play the server daily and notice that when to many high pinger's join it causes a lot of server lag. Maybe even just a trial basis to check it out. Just a thought......

I have no issue playing with 200+ ping ping is not the only issue alot of internet companies have a bad upload as well if the player is teleporting around that would be the upload side of sending and reciveing information. I Live in Alaska good internet for the price is not fair anywhere here I have to live with 115 ping or better with spikes to 180 because someone is picture surfing on Facebook

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have no issue playing with 200+ ping ping is not the only issue alot of internet companies have a bad upload as well if the player is teleporting around that would be the upload side of sending and reciveing information. I Live in Alaska good internet for the price is not fair anywhere here I have to live with 115 ping or better with spikes to 180 because someone is picture surfing on Facebook

This^

But in any case it was at 230 i've lowered it to 200.

alaskadrown907 come and play sometime not just one time and say its fine say a few months

alaskadrown907 come and play sometime not just one time and say its fine say a few months
I have played on bf4 servers since opening day I have over 4k hours played I know how you feel but it he end the net code is more of an issue than anything I can have 60 ping empty a while clip in someone point blank and they survive with 1 HP and claim they were behind a wall other times they were not in my screen I kill them in 2 shots but they still say they were behind a wall I realize there are tons of issues but net code is the serious problem and lack of upload speed when everyone in your house is snap chatting all day

Still many with high ping over 200....
high ping on tbg.jpg

I'm gonna add in my two cents, which is worth half that. High ping, more often than not, comes with terrible upload speeds and packet loss. Of these 3 things only 1 can be controlled. So it's a safe bet that ping limits improve quality of life. About 6 months ago they put a ping limit on the Insurgency server and the quality of life went up over night.

Just wondering if it's the cause for server lag. We notice that when there are a lot of these high ping folks in the server it starts getting real laggy and makes game play tough.

They have to average over 200 for a set period of time before it kicks. So if its at 201 for 59 seconds then ticks down to 200 for a second, clock starts over or something like that. At least that was they way it worked the last time I heard it explained.

Its tough to kick a player who is doing nothing wrong. What level to set the ping kicker is really tough to figure out in a 7 year old game. What are there 10-15 decent servers for BF3? We want to keep that server lit as much as possible so we have to let in the higher pings.

One question, high pingers cause laag only for players with low pings? Because my ping on the server is between 170/180ms and I do not notice any lag for me, the server flows very well.

Dang. What do you guys have up there? DSL or satellite? No cable?

Dang. What do you guys have up there? DSL or satellite? No cable?
We have cable our internet provider is just working with alot of issues and upgrading, before t mobile bought it it was nothing but a cash cow, kinda like that one episode of South Park they are really the only choice and alot of people just dealt with it but it's getting better.

Back