[BF4] New Golmund 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! If that's the case can you all consider changing the air and sea default from Golmud? Perhaps to Paracel?

There must already be six servers that run Gulmud now that show up for me.
There are many other excellent maps to use.
One of my favorites is Guilin Peaks ... no servers that I have been on so far use this map.

https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Maps_of_Battlefield_4

Dlc maps don’t get started easily as it once did. Already tried many other variations. Will continue to monitor but most likely if this one doesn’t work, we could try another base map.

An absolute travesty that the Rush server is going away, had the DLC Maps been on there and stayed on there, That server would still be thriving like it was for almost a year.

That said. My suggestions here for you Matt. Yes, you've tried Guilin Peaks in several different variations, but you've also used always a small sample of maps. Plenty of us have asked for Conquest Inf only server like this;

A Ticket Rate of 1000-1200 ( its probably better at a 1000 because you keep the maps rotating) with Map Vote . Third and first view transportation vehicles . Yes, this includes Transport Heli's for maps that have them already.

Maps;

Base Maps;

Flood Zone , Zavod 311(No night time its a server killer), Dawnbreaker , Operation Locker, Hainan Resort , Siege of Shanghai

China Rising;

Guilin Peaks

Second Assault;

Operation Metro

Caspian Border

Naval Strike;

Lost Islands

Dragon's Teeth

ALL OF THEM. These are wildly popular Inf maps;

Lumphini Gardens, Pearl Market, Propaganda ,and Sunken Dragon

Final Stand;

None. Unfortunately they're just too big. The only one that is doable is Hanger 21, but it always ends up a fight inside of A and B (same goes for HammerHead) ,but for the record a few older inf only servers did have three of the final stands maps on them . Giants is no, it's just way too big.

For you long time Battlefield 4 players. Yes, there used to be a few servers like this. The main one died about a year or so back because of lack of admining and they started limiting classes (sniper) , certain guns ,and gadgets. This would be my suggestion for either this server, or the failing Pearl Market server. You put this server up,and it will fill.

Last edited:
I'm really sad the rush server is gone. I played on it exclusively if it was even half full. I'd love to see a server like the one Ditch described if we can't get a rush one going. I agree about Graveyard and Final Stand, people get bored in those. Ditto on the Dragon's Teeth maps, those are the ones people always vote for when available,

I agree with Ditch. Infantry only conquest server with only transport vehicles would be awesome. Like Ditch said, there hasn't been a server like that in over a year and infantry only maps seem to fill up quickly. The maps that seem to do really well are the Dragons Teeth maps and Guillin Peaks.

Last edited:
If you guys are not paying the bills then you get no say on the free server you play on. I wish I could donate, but life as a single family income right now, I can not.

Last edited:
An infantry server sounds enjoyable. It would be cool to have a 4-5 map rotation so people don't get bored with the same maps being played too often but there is still some consistency on what maps to expect. Some popular maps like Flood Zone, Propaganda, Sunken Dragon, Pearl Market and maybe some uncommon maps like Guilin Peaks or Lumphini Gardens.

And I'm not just saying these maps because I'm a ucaver. Infantry players love the high-intensity action of these maps too.

Thank you TBG for always having a good assortment of servers to play on.

Goldmud is not final, just testing out. I’ll look into this suggestion a bit later, see what we can do.

If you guys are not paying the bills then you get no say on the free server you play one. I wish I could donate, but life as a single family income right now, I can not.

On the contrary, you all are our guests here. Without your input or feedback on what you would like to see or how things are working out, we wouldn't be as successful as we have been for the last 10+ years. So we value what our guests have to say.

I'd ask to give a few weeks please I will work on throwing this around a few discords tonight,and get a few others to help out with this. We will get this server going .

Golmud is ok. But ive never been a fan of 24/7 servers for it.
Its okay for a few rounds, and then you just get bored of it. Most 24/7 servers not named Lockers or Metro is like that.

Matt, when you get a free moment, can you please remove Rogue Transmission from that server rotation and add Propandga and Sunken Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back