Need Advices To Sell Computer

ColdIceShot

Good day guys,

It will be the first time of my life that I sell one of my computers, don't get me wrong I sold a lot of stuff in my life but never something that worth $2000 +. If someone ask me to ship the computer to a XYZ addresse and tell me that he want to pay me per Paypal before I ship the Item and he will be paying for the shipping. Is there any way that I can get screw up with this way of doing the sale? Ship from Canada to USA.

Short story I sold the computer in 5 mins after posting the add in Montreal and I want to make sure I don't end up with troubles.

No matter how you sold it, the buyer can always dispute the transaction with PayPal (not sure on their time) or their bank (they have 60 days to file the claim from their statement date the transaction occurred on). To help mitigate your risk I would do signature required as that will help you show proof of delivery if they do dispute the transaction as that can be considered compelling evidence during the dispute.

Buyer Pays return shipping cost if theres a problem
so you dont have to fork out for extra shipping

I found something else as advice. It says to make sure that the buyer put the address of delivery in the comments of the Paypal payment. So he can't argue that he never got the package even with signature after the fact since the address was provided by themselves.

I found something else as advice. It says to make sure that the buyer put the address of delivery in the comments of the Paypal payment. So he can't argue that he never got the package even with signature after the fact since the address was provided by themselves.
You can still say you never received it. Source: I've worked in the banking claims industry for almost 10 years.

The bad thing about selling on eBay is that the seller can always be screwed if the buyer is shady enough. I'm not trying to scare you away from selling on there as I'm just trying to make you aware of it. I have a gal I work with that no longer sells on eBay because of the chargebacks/disputes she has received for not receiving items, the buyer using the items and then disputing with PP/eBay as the items were damaged upon receipt. It's wonderful selling system, but it does have its flaws.

Take pictures...item...and packaging stages. Show how well you packed the item. I have done this for large items and small high value figurines. Fortunately I have never had any problems with customers. I will not sell to anyone with no or negative feedback.

This is my only concern, it's not sold true eBay it's a third party selling site in Quebec that doesn't take any responsibility in any sales.

But I have been told that I will be safe as long as I have signature on delivery, insurance on the package if lost or damage and with the address confirm by the buyer on the Paypal payment with the mention of what is bought. So once he receive and sign for package at a address that he confirmed he can't claim that it wasn't him. The only thing he can claim is that it was damage and that will be done true the post agency and not me since we assure the package true them.

Well guys I almost got screw up by selling this iMac to the guy that wanted me to ship in USA... If you guys ever receive a payment notice like this it is someone who is trying to take what ever you are trying to sell at no cost...

4048a1e294.png

I verified my Paypal account which nothing was there so I called up Paypal and they confirmed to me that it is a scam...

Take pictures before, during, and after packing. Also (basic but necessary) keep a digital image of your shipping receipt. Taking pictures while packing not only shows condition but adequate padding for fragile items like a system.

Lastly, I'd use Fedex with the "Fragile" option. It costs more but Fedex (at least in the US) pays attention not to be harsh with those boxes...unlike UPS.

Back