Left 4 Dead Achievement Tips

HeatSurge

For cr0wnd (witch death in 1 headshot) check this out lol:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/L4D_cr0wned_Achievement/

Apparently, you can headshot her in the face from behind in 1 shot with a shotty (auto or reg). People say it even works on expert!

BTW this does NOT work with any other gun (including hunting rifle) per reports - only shotgun.

Does anyone wanna run through a campaign on easy without healing each other for the achievement sometime? I can't get the fucking bots to not heal me and it's really hard to make it there without falling to yellow while "leading" (at which point they heal you whether you like it or not). I just about managed on dead air, but I got down to yellow on the damn finale and one of the bots healed me (I had a few choice words to say about that)...

I'll be on later tonight if we can get 4 people for this...

Ill give it a try with ya heat. We will just have to find a time to hook up. I will be on later this evening. Peace.

I'll go with you as well. Should be a lot of fun :).

a good way to get red mist is to play "rooftop" at the end of no mercy. set up single player on easy and start the fight at the end. the bots should do a good job of gaurding you.

start to finish is about 6-7 minutes. you should net about 100 mini gun kills.

to get the 1 hit kill on the witch, cr0wned, use and shot gun and walk up REALLY close to the witch. it doesnt matter what side or how fast.

once you are up on her, get that shotty over her face while she starts her "stand up" sqeuence. one hit should give her 1008 damage. Insta-kill.

a good way to practice on single player is turn on cheats and spawn witch after witch. open console and bind the spawn command to a key. place the witch ahead of you so you can practice running up on her.

sv_cheats 1
bind p "z_spawn witch"

I actually got it first time in-game... just ran up to her from behind and headshot her with the reg. shotgun... pretty easy.

I also successfully finished "unbreakable" with bots on easy last night - kinda annoying but I survived the whole thing without getting healed (on green). ;-)

I'm gonna try to complete an entire campaign with minimal shooting with bots tonight for the "no FF" achievement...

what campaign did you get unbreakable on? i know the map will play a big role in how easy it can be.

i want to run through with just pistols on easy later. maybe i can work on not getting hurt and we can both work on no FF. i finished no mercy on easy with bots earlier and everyone had zero ff but me, i had 2. thats the good thing about bots, they dont FF.

Dead Air... it was kind of annoying because the bots don't lead, so I did a lot of "run in front so you get zombies to follow you" then "retreat so the bots get hurt lol."

But ... it's doable. Definitely annoying, but doable. I got the no FF achievement (safety first) tonight as well - quick run through with the bots of no mercy on easy again and being really careful.

Make sure you don't use grenades/fire either and I'm not sure if you shoot a boomer and the explosion hurts a teammate if it's FF - I was careful around boomers or let them kill them too... but it's annoying but doable as well :)

Now, I just need to finish all campaigns on expert :-/

i got stand tall for not getting knocked down at all, and i also got the award for not being healed. i was in the 70's.

tomorrow ill try for no FF and no scaring the witch.

for the pistol award:

i did a run through on no mercy, easy, and never picked up a primary weapon or a bomb. i did use the mini gun during large fights and i blew up the gas station. I did not get the award and im pretty sure its from using the mini gun. on easy mode, i think the bots do fine with out the minigun being used.

ill post back after i try another run through, sans minigun.

Dude if you really don't have your nade achievement for blowing up 20 zombies, there must be a problem. Search the net to see if others are having problems with achievements registering and how to fix it is my suggestion...

i got the explosive achievement, i just never saw it come up. i did get the pistol award and no FF.

with the pistols, you can use: pushing, pipe bomb, molotov, gas cans, propane, oxygen, and of course pistols single/dual.

you cannot shoot a primary or minigun. playing on easy is a good way to get 3 awards. Pistol, no FF, and no healing. Just let the bots do all the work. pistols do a good job anyway, its not hard.

Holy Shit! Untouchables? Nothing Special? ALL campaigns on expert?!

DAMN! You've been busy!

i started playing co-op with two people that knew what they were doing. we had to leave the server a few time when someone without a mic joined. if they dont have a mic its like playing with a smart bot, but they cant help plan things out.

i ended up getting like 6 achievements last night.

Back