Gunship Video footage - nothing special, just for fun.

HeatSurge

If anyone wants to download my first experimental Fraps video (edited with VirtualDub), here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/128756407/HeatSurge_Gunship_Kills_In_A_Round_On__S8J_.avi.html

I finally got some FRAPS footage of me in the gunship (for the first time) in just one round on the =S8J= server about an hour ago. The video is kinda just for fun (and to show xxbigbacon at the official ea 2142 forums some stuff). It's nothing special, just me getting a few gunship kills in a round... I just wanted to see how fraps worked and if I could make a video like everyone else's on youtube with just VirtualDub. I think the end result is pretty good :)

Anyway, I will make a longer video sometime, but freakin' fraps takes about 2GB per every 3 minutes of video on my computer at 30fps at half resolution(1920x1200 / 2 = 960x600) without audio. I will need to make some disk space for longer rounds :-D

I didn't want to upload the video to youtube, because it only does 320x240 and the quality would be too degraded. So here goes full 960x600 quality with some Drum'n'Bass thrown in for good measure ;-)

The video requires an Xvid decoder (go to xvid.org to download, ffdshow or divx decoders should be fine too - I haven't used any overly crazy encoder settings) and an MP3 decoder for the audio (should be built-in to your operating system). If you get audio only and no video at all, you need the xvid codec.

If you have any difficulty in playing it back, post here and I will try my best to help you out.

The audio track is Big Bud - Pure for those who are interested ;-)

The video is 50mb for just 2:36 so it will take a while at dialup speeds, but if you consider that the original (uncompressed) as coming from fraps is 1.5 gb, it's basically nothing.

That's definitely high quality. Good video man. If you want a video hosting site that does really high quality - vimeo.com

Thanks, I was actually wondering if there's something like youtube, but for higher-res/bitrate video/audio. I will definitely check vimeo.com out - it looks promising.

I kinda didn't want to wait for the encode too long, so it could've been even better quality with 2-pass, but I just did a 1-pass on it with target quantizer 4...

I'll make a proper one eventually, with some good pwnage worth seeing; maybe I'll even synchronize it to the audio with premiere or something more proper than VirtualDub :)

Back