Graphic's Cards

OldBayLIVE

BANNED
BANNED
What's the best GPU in your guys opinion between Nvidia and AMD

And Go!!

I bought a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 last summer, can run about everything I play at max settings, it costs a little, but well worth it, the change in game play and quality was amazing.

New nvidia may be coming out in next month....

Yeah, but we will see if they keep their current price point or if they will be inflated due to they crypto-miners. On the other hand, you might see some cheap last gen GPUs flood the market when they drop.

I bought EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 - Not unhappy with it. Does a good job with BF1 - Getting around 70 to 90 fps and I am still running a i7 3770k processor.

Here's my card, it's all you'll need.

Attachments

• ASUS GTX Strix 1070.jpeg
    ASUS GTX Strix 1070.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 268
I have the EVGA 1080 FTW and an intel 7700 cpu. I used to be an AMD guy, switched to Nvidia. To me it's worth the extra bucks...

There is a strong rumor of 3 companies selling mining cards (nvidia), but no output of any kind and price up there. Not sure what impact that will have. Asus rumored to working on a rx580 miner.

1060 6gb is returning to reasonable prices before the rush late last year. I am not convinced that the 1070 and 1080 will ever come back down to reasonable again.

Nvidia new cards reportedly going to be high as well. Read several articles suggesting ddr5 memory shortage is the real issue with Apple and Samsung willing to buy supply of memory for their phones at premium prices, leaving every one else looking for scraps.

You can buy a reasonable 1070ti or 1080ti from evga directly from there store at list price if you constantly monitor their stock level.

With bitcoin valued under 10K mining alternate coins not that great, so gpu prices coming down. If bitcoin grows to over 10k again, the gpu shortage will kick back in high gear.....

Nvidia whips AMDs ass hands down. There is no comparison in either gaming, mining or AI solutions.

Card of choice and the one I use is a Nvidia Titan Xp.

Yeah, but we will see if they keep their current price point or if they will be inflated due to they crypto-miners

They are supposed to be releasing Crypto cards as well. There is a warranty issue with miners. Also they tend to make custom programs to run the mining software that the new crypto cards are better at handling also no inputs on the cards. Not sure how much of that is still true as that was months ago I heard all of that.

Just throwing my hat into the ring. I run a 1070 at 1440p and have 0 issues playing optimized games above 60 fps (remember I said optimized). honestly the current GPU prices are so bad though I would wait.

The crypto cards have a 1 month warranty, no back bracket, no video output of any kind (no VGA, no DVI, no HDMI, no display port) supposedly a 1080 but with only 5gb of memory at $800 supposedly, so they have no resale value for anyone when the craze crashes. Unless they have an unreal hash rate, it sure seems like a "hard sell"

People commonly re-flash the bios on the RX cards but not on Nvidia

I have a AMD-FX600 MSI GTX 1050Ti it runs flawlessly just needs more RAM and its good

GTX 1080. I have had it for almost two years and I'm still super happy and it does everything i want/need it to do. if i didn't have this card i'd have a GTX 1080TI. There are cheaper cards but it's totally worth it. two years in and i have had zero thoughts about needing an "upgrade" Nvidia is the clear choice on the market today.

Back