[SOLD] FS: Optiplex Micro's (Qty 3) i5-4590T, 8GB DDR3L, 128GB SSD or 500GB SSHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Getting ready to list these elsewhere. Figured I would give you all first shot at them. Neat little mini PC's I am using 6th Gen versions on my TV's at home as living room like PC's.

i5-4590T Quad Core 2Ghz with 3Ghz Turbo
8GB DDR3L (2x4GB SoDIMM)
128GB OEM Samsung 840 Pro (Alternatively a couple of 500GB SSHD's).
Windows 10 Home

They do not have Wifi and unfortunately I don't have any m.2 wifi cards. Can be retrofitted.
These have VGA and DisplayPort. I have DP to DVI adapters to go with them. In theory these have a header to add an additional DP or HDMI port. Using a part like this https://www.ebay.com/p/Dell-Display-Port-Card-WFJ0V-for-Optiplex-9020m/1948875524
They also have a fullsize m.2 slot. Haven't test them. The newer models use the m.2 slot by default and leave the sata slot open.

Looking for $100 each. They sell for Refurbed for around $300 though its hard to find this exact config to price. Varies from i3 to i7 and larger SSD's along with Pro instead of Home.

20190212_213424.jpg

DSC_7534.jpg

DSC_7535.jpg

DSC_7538.jpg

Last edited:

Appreciate it. Doesn't look like it's anything anyone might want here. Im going to post it on Facebook. I sell pretty quickly there. But these are a bit of an oddball to be honest. They have their uses but at the same time I have plenty. Trying to get some scratch together for this build.

I don't even know what that is....

The only way that's possible is we somehow started letting console peasants in lol. They are computers. Pretty similar to the NUC formfactor. For the most part they lack anything beyond the primary sata and 2 m.2 slots. Good for a TV connected PC or if you have a lot of external 3.0 drives they can be used as media servers. Normally people use them as office computers. No one using Excel needs PCI Express or SATA ports lol

does TBG even have console servers???.....how can it be chinese???.....

Shhh you might spook them. They find the iBuyPower website really calming lol. I honestly didn't think there would be anyone here for them. But you never know. I didn't bother posting any of the Macs here for obvious reasons lol.

We are PC gamers, kinda goes without saying.

They are good for office settings where you only need them for a light workload. They are small and don’t make a sound.

does TBG even have console servers???.....how can it be chinese???.....

Maybe because I have better things to do than care about computers. I'm sure you use electricity but know nothing about it or how it's created.

They are good for office settings where you only need them for a light workload. They are small and don’t make a sound.
Also this. A lot of PoS systems run on thin clients...Same goes with manufacturing. As for home use, there's quite a bit you can do with this.

Maybe because I have better things to do than care about computers. I'm sure you use electricity but know nothing about it or how it's created.

i have built hand spun generators and have counter synced car alternators to give a constant charge wave in the whole turning cycle......my father was a engineer that worked for the only company to make lithium ion batteries out side of the military and NASA in the 80's.....i understand power better then half the line men i know.....speak for yourself......

Good ole' thin clients. These things can be powerhouses.

So does that mean someone wants one? I went through them almost 2 weeks ago

Terry Crews knows how to build computers and I'm pretty sure he is a busy person with a lot of other interests. People with money to burn don't need to know much but it saves you a lot to do.

I do woodworking, car repairs, computers, software development. CAD, systems furniture design and installation and that's just a list of things I do for work on a daily basis. My hobbies pretty much fall in line with my skillsets though. I keep a stock pile of photography gear for personal and professional use but it's on the rare end of things these days.

Computers are easy. Any monkey can build one but it takes a tech to understand why it won't turn on. I taught my friend Shana to build her first PC while at a wedding reception. This was back in the Pentium 4 days so I told her what to look for in chipsets and bus speeds and everything else. Next thing I know I get a call asking why the front panel USB isn't working. This was around the time YouTube had just started so it's not like it is now. It was hard to get a lot of info in layman's terms.

It's all about directions. Understand that and the core fundamentals and it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back