Fan is loud even after closing BF1

Champion1138

Hey guys,

1. When I run BF1 my fan gets loud. I understand this, the machine is working hard.
  2. But even after BF1 has been closed for 8 hours, the fan is still going full blast.
  3. If I reboot, it slows a bit. If I reboot again, it returns to normal and is nearly silent.

The only application I run that works the fan so hard is BF1.
I went into my BIOs and put the fan mode on 'silent', no change.
I don't see any apps running in the background that would need so much cooling.

How can I get my fan to shut up without rebooting twice?

2 options.

1. What brand of fan you using? Buy better fans like noctua, corsair or
Phanteks

2. Buy a fan controller and plug into it you'll be able to turn fan to losest possible rpm but unless your watercooling I'd suggest option 1.

Hmmm...I guess I'm going to micro center tomorrow.
This is what CAM shows about 5 minutes after closing BF1:
upload_2016-11-1_0-10-59.png

Here's what's running:
upload_2016-11-1_0-11-32.png

I don't see anything unusual that would make the fan go crazy....

What fan ?
  • Corsair something
Processor?
  • i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50Ghz (8CPUs)

Vid card ?
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 strix

I found someone else complaining about their 1070 not slowing down once a game was closed. I'll exchange this card for a new on and see if that fixes it. Also, my BIOS are a year out of date.

You can always create a fan curve using 3rd party programs that regulates fan speed depending on CPU/GPU Temp. I use MSI afterburner to do this for my GPU, if you have a 1070 you should use msi afterburner ANY way to Overclock a bit and get some more performance.

speed.PNG

Also check your Motherboards/Manufacture website and see if they have any Controller drivers you can just download for free. What kind of mother board do you have? Also are we talking about all the fans in your system? or just your GPU fan going full blast.

I have an Aurora R4 and sometime i have to set my fan control to manual, click save, then go back to auto to get peace and quiet.

What fan ?
  • Corsair something
Processor?
  • i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50Ghz (8CPUs)

Vid card ?
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 strix

I found someone else complaining about their 1070 not slowing down once a game was closed. I'll exchange this card for a new on and see if that fixes it. Also, my BIOS are a year out of date.
I have the same card and have had no issues

Got a new card, no change.

Updated my bios and installed ASUS GPU tweak.

Seems fixed, although it takes a while to slow down.

Back