Fallout 4 - who is playing this game?

Maliksky

On PC how is it? The reviews seem very good, although is it supposedly very buggy.

Looking at their official website there is only a 'standard edition'.
Are there going to be others? If so what would be the difference?

There is only one edition. There is a season pass.

As for bugs I have only hit 3 in a span of 22 hours. One was a quest I had to fix with the console./ ( the console can fix a lot of your problems) One wasa a combat bug that made my armor both on an off at the same time. (Quick reload fixed it). Another time Steam overlay made a mess of the game.

So far if you liked teh previous Fallouts or SKyrim, you will enjoy this. If you are a fan of RPG, you will like this. And by god its pretty.

There is only one edition. There is a season pass.

As for bugs I have only hit 3 in a span of 22 hours. One was a quest I had to fix with the console./ ( the console can fix a lot of your problems) One wasa a combat bug that made my armor both on an off at the same time. (Quick reload fixed it). Another time Steam overlay made a mess of the game.

So far if you liked teh previous Fallouts or SKyrim, you will enjoy this. If you are a fan of RPG, you will like this. And by god its pretty.

What is the 'Steam overlay' ?

When you hit Shift + Tab in game. Brings up the steam overlay. I was using the ingame web browser to look up the console code for an item.

Great game. No bugs for me and I'm running it on an old 460ti.

I went to Steam and the game is $60. There is also a Season Pass for $30.

Did you guys purchase the Season Pass? 4 DLC's.

Last edited:
Are the season pass DLC's similar to BF4 DLC's, basically expansion packs?

Im guessing more missions, they'll add new features and items. These DLC's would work a lot like Skyrim DLC

I'm 26 hours in and experienced one bug, really enjoying it. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas too.

I have had series bugs in both 3 and New Vegas which meant I had to load old saves which wasted loads of time. If you start playing this I would recommend creating a new save every 10-20 min or so just to be safe.

I'll wait to see what the first DLC is like before purchasing a season pass.

man...can't wait. I still have a couple copies of Fallout 2 laying around somewhere in a box o_O!

Don't be afraid to join the FAllout 4 TS channel while in game! Discuss the game and what items, perks, skills are good.

LEarn how to use the console. Have a few laughs

"Sum fokes can lose the blue's in there heart. But when I think of you. Another shower starts. Into each life some rain must fall but too much is falling in mind."

Truly love the music in the game.

Oh Bob.

Cole Porter?

Last edited:
Fallout has always been on point with soundtrack. Shit most of the music was probably made in or around the era of the Bomb Shelter era...was it not?

So is this going to be like Dayz? As in 30+ players, open map kind of thing? or is it more single/co-op missions?

Compared to today's music, that stuff is very refreshing!

Im playing it too.
Have mixed feelings about this episode, but its still a good game.
Will try tonight some mods as well. Have look guys at Nexus for the mods.

As you can probably already tell I'm a big Fallout Fan. The game is great, it feels very close to Fallout 3 but still, I don't think it is the best one given some new "CONS" that were newly introduced in the series. I do agree on everything below except that I think the "Settlements" feature is definitely in the "PROS" category and that "Vague dialogue choices" should be in the Cons category.

driBswG.jpg

Either way the game is fun and addicting. Creating Settlements is addicting. Fallout 3 and NV are my favorite. games of all time. Those were a perfect 10/10 even with their mass amount of bugs but FO:4 is probably a 8.5/10.
All and all I give it a 8/10

----

BTW if you want a much better performance go with Shadows and God Rays down to Medium or Low. Hardly that noticeable anyways.

Also, if anyone wants some useful tips that I have gathered up I can post a thread on it. No spoilers... just very useful tip[s and tricks for FO:4.

Back