Designed my next work desk.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
So after getting the news that the client I am currently assigned to needs me to vacate my cubicle for a returning employee, I got a call from work. I haven't been in the office for 2.5 months and they are giving away my cubicle.

This comes after that time they sold my desk while I was in the bathroom.

Instead of taking their next offering. I am just going to build something they can't just up and sell:
Desk-Stage 8-ISO.png

Desk-Stage 8-Front.png

Desk-Stage 8-Back.png

I started with a minimalist design that looked more like an experiment in physics. Not wanting to fuck it up this is where I ended up. The intention was to have it as open as possible while still hiding wires. It's really mean't for a laptop dock as shown and I will bolt the monitor arm support directly to the surface.

Is this a CAD drawing (custom)? Looks sweet :).

Did it in Google/Trimble Sketchup. I can do Ray Traces in Kerkythea but with the low res textures it looks about the same as the real time rendering.

looks good. I mess around in Autodesk Maya and modeling a mech right now. maybe I'll post some pics later

No way. That glass would get too messy to clean during late night grinds. Looks good otherwise.

Back