damn laptop...

thenecron1337

i got this laptop for like 800 dollars about a year ago. peace of crap. :( cant handle battlefield 2142! stuck at my dads -_- (bored as fuk) so no owning me for u fast or... anyone else who does that when i fly in a gunship! :p nite to everyone c ya back in the bf on tuseday.

Asus for most parts, yes. The only experience I've had with Asus' Laptops has been troubleshooting Lex's issues. Other then that, I haven't heard much about them.

Ive been reading some articles on DIY notebook builds; Some of the kits are kick ass but getting drivers are another story. I give that market another 6mths to a year before I would go that route. The processor and HD are bought seperate; but, you can buy another Vid card and have a Crossfire/ SLi notebook.
OCZ OCZDIY17A2-DM88XT

Ive been looking to my current laptop when I travel
P4 and ATi X900 vid card its really sucks for BF2142 because I have to turn the settings down...way down

I've also been looking at this one:
http://explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305
This one has to dual Video cards SLI
But I like Core2 Quad 2.0 Ghz offered with the asus and the 6Gb Ram. Wish it was more than 512Mb dedicated memory on the asus though.

Plus the toshiba has flames... flames = gay.

I'll be selling mine for $900.
I have an HP HDX16t
4 Gb Ram
Intel Core2 Duo 2.26 GHz
Nvidia 9600M GT 512mb dedicated
250Gb 7,200 rpm HDD
16" screen
FingerPrint reader
2.0megapix camera
Mic
BluRay - DVD/CD burner

Its a nice computer
I was looking at them on ebay and they retail at 1099.00 on average and thats with just 3Gb RAM

When I bought it - it was 1,400 bucks 3 months ago.

[quote1237829732=Cease_Fire]
thenecron1337, why do you have hacker tags in your name?

[/quote1237829732]

-_- u asked me that already. and im not a hacker... its an old name (1337) doesnt mean i hack.

anddd...
yeah... those laptops look ugly as hell. i got a pretty good desktop, my laptop is usualy just for the internet, IM, etc. i tried WoW on my laptop and it FAILED. it lagged alot in major cities, and graphics werent set high, probably the lowest possible. i installed BF 2142 once and it couldnt even run it due to the crappy graphics card i have in it. id rather not buy a new laptop, little short on money. id get just a new card, buy my processor isnt that great ither. guess ill stick to what i have.

[quote1237830418=cjjeans]
I'll be selling mine for $900.
I have an HP HDX16t
4 Gb Ram
Intel Core2 Duo 2.26 GHz
Nvidia 9600M GT 512mb dedicated
250Gb 7,200 rpm HDD
16" screen
FingerPrint reader
2.0megapix camera
Mic
BluRay - DVD/CD burner

Its a nice computer
I was looking at them on ebay and they retail at 1099.00 on average and thats with just 3Gb RAM

When I bought it - it was 1,400 bucks 3 months ago.

[/quote1237830418]
and JEEZZZZZ id buy that if i had the money.

my laptop is a 17" and most of the time I wish it was a 15"; the thing is so heavy. If you plan on traveling with it I would suggest 15"; If you plan on keeping it at home go with a desktop. With a desktop you get more bang with your buck; plus, you can always swap out parts if you want to upgrade..the laptop your stuck besides memory and HD's.

Hes right. I live in manhattan though and i can't help the fact that I just dont have space for a tower a monitor a keyboard... I am always on a hunt for a good laptop. They are getting competitive. I would much prefer a tower - but i'll have to wait till i move again. argh

You don't need a tower to play games CJ ;). Shuttle is a great brand for a mini-ATX build :). I'll post some links if you like :).

I've seen the shuttle years back. Granted it is small - I need everything to be in one spot with very few wires... laptops are my solution for now.

I understand your annoyance with wires.. I think that can be greatly reduced with a Shuttle.

He basically has an air conditioned shed with a bed lol. no space to setup a desktop, even a shuttle as tiny as they are, still have to have a monitor keyboard and mouse.

its in a building... no shed here.
we have a decent living room - but i'm too loud to take it out there while my roomate is watching tv. when i move out - with my g/f in august or october - desktop pc it is.

i have a asus 1000hd netbook. i can play games up to star wars legos on it. i can load left4dead but at about 9 fps.

i went with 2gb ram before i ever booted it up. asus drivers need updates right away and there is an over clock program for the atom cpu.

this netbook it great for web, ssh, ftp, and i control my other pc's in the house from the netbook.

I'm going to get my netbook from Best Buy tomorrow I think. It comes with Windows, however I think I will put Ubuntu on it :).

its nice to have xp32bit on here, and i have ubuntu setup for dual boot. if you mount the ubuntu iso in windows, you can install ubuntu "inside" Windows. When you reboot you can arrow down to ubuntu. you have to complete the install on a LAN connection tho. once you get into ubuntu, finish updating the build and you can get wireless working. it runs at G speeds and has trouble if your SSID is hidden.

also about the wireless, if you try and run N youll get 130mbps because of the intel, due to the 20/40 channel width.

http://forum.eeeuser.com/

Back