Couple observations on a few day road trip

Deputy Swan

So I recently took a long road trip to go after a tractor I bought online, I used you ship and hauled an old tractor from SD to some Amish guy in Missouri and that paid for all my fuel.

-Missouri has a mile marker sign every .2 miles on the interstate
-Why would a Amish dude buy a tractor, must be a deflector from the Amish Tribe, saw many Amish cruising there horse drawn buggies on the side of the highway. Saw a Amish plowing a field with a team of horses, across the road was a guy with a big tractor pulling at least a 32 row corn planter planting crops.
-Took a short tour of Indianapolis, must be a shit hole side of town, lots of people working the street corners and some hookers around.
-Left ND it was 40 Degrees, by that night I was in St. Louis it was 95 lol
-Minneapolis speed limit on freeway is 55, I was going 70 getting passed up like I was standing still by everybody including the cops.
-In Waffle House in Louisville some chick was talking about how she was "updown" last week and she watched a dude get shot dead at a street fight.
-and finally tolls booths are pain n da ass

roadtrip.png
unnamed.jpg
IMG_2567.JPG

That new tractor looks like a ton of fun. Are you going to use it for fun or do you have actual grown-up oeople work to do with it?

I grew up in an area that has a huge Amish population and there is some technology that is acceptable for them to use under the circumstance that is essential for life.

I know of the tractor side of things, certain members of the community could have them if they were one of the large food providers for the community.

Some Amish believe that its ok to have a tractor "if" one set of tires are steel and one set can be rubber. I too grew up around a large Amish community

interesting, this guy must been one the bigger farmers cause he had like 3 others just like the old beater I brought in. Just odd seeing a team of horses working a field, and right next door a farmer planting 50 feet at a pass at 10 mph haha.

I have a part landscaping/lawn spraying business going to use tractor for that playing around on my 6 acres.

You see Mennonites from time to time touring in DC or passing through in parts of MD. They drive cars, have tractors, wear colors etc. A bit unlike the amish.

I lived in a foster home with stone cold Mennonites for about two years on a dairy farm no less. Two totally different Amish/Mennonites life styles. That place I was introduced to churning butter.

We have Hutterites close to where I live right across the Border into Canada. They have high tech farms, but are still someway stuck in the 1800's on different things. Heard from several people that they pay men to do "knock up" their women to avoid inbreeding. Also some of them got busted here locally by the Canadians for smuggling farm machinery and tobacco into Canada to avoid the duty taxs a few years back.

Heard from several people that they pay men to do "knock up" their women to avoid inbreeding
I am always looking for a "part-time job" sounds like this would be perfect.If the women were butt ugly I would just add more jagermeister! :)

Some of those Amish girls know more then most of us when it comes to naughty. Those barns and corn fields are used for more then just barns and corn fields. ;)

Back