Core i7-7700K 4.2Ghz Temperature Spikes

ColdIceShot

Good day guys,

As some of you know I have a new build of 3-4 month's old. Everything is fine with it, no problem at all excepted for one thing since the very beginning. I am having temperatures spikes up to 72C with water cooling sealed system on my processor cores. This is not the temperature at all time. But even when I fire this beast up with nothing running in the background I have spikes up to 65C. Normally running at 25C-26C average without running anything which is good.

I am twiking my fans, pump, positions, etc since the very beginning and no matter how it's done or how high the fans run at I am always getting spikes of that high... Even called tech support of Thermaltake for the water cooling 3.0 360 and I am on the right connector of 1A for the pump on the motherboard.

I tried push/pull configuration, I tried push on both side as well and generally same temps.

So I started looking on the web since my only reference here is @DogPen that supposedly never have higher temperature than 52-55C while gaming on his 7700 4.2 which I have hard time to believe cause generally nobody reported on the net having that low temperature while gaming on regular sealed water cooling system for BF1 in maximum of everything. And @manny8083 that overclocked it which is not good reference either. Mine is not overclocked and never been.

Here is a article that I found that is just one of a lot of different article saying generally the same thing:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/paul-taylor/core-i7-7700k-temperature-spikes-enrage-users/

OgDJgHQ.png

This is when I fire up this computer, nothing running... See the max on the right side up to 65C

So I am starting to think that it's normal with this processor and my setup. Remember that I don't have a real water cooling system.

Any other thought's?

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-27_17-14-40.png
    upload_2017-6-27_17-14-40.png
    811.8 KB · Views: 305
I have the tool to do it, I can send it your way if you want to void the fuck out of your warranty. Intel used a shitty TIM again.

Your screen shot shows 4.74ghz why?
I don't know I did not touch anything. I modify this in the bios?

I have the tool to do it, I can send it your way if you want to void the fuck out of your warranty. Intel used a shitty TIM again.
I did not wante to void the warranty but if it is what it takes to get it to a decent temps than I might do it.

You won't just get decent temps, it'll be way lower plus no crazy spikes. The process is pretty simple, the tool pops the lid off then you just apply a new tim, use one of the liquid metal ones, and the just put the lid on and install in motherboard, no need to reseal it, the Mobo will hold it down.

You won't just get decent temps, it'll be way lower plus no crazy spikes. The process is pretty simple, the tool pops the lid off then you just apply a new tim, use one of the liquid metal ones, and the just put the lid on and install in motherboard, no need to reseal it, the Mobo will hold it down.

I will probably end up doing it some day after watching a video how it's done 50 times to be sure that it's not too hard for me :p

Back