Christmas gift ideas...

CrazyH12345

Well guys... What can I say, I am a bad boyfriend :p
The GF (teacher) wants books and other stuff for her classes, but I am not 100% behind the idea since I feel a Christmas gift should a) have a touch of personal and b) not be something you would NORMALLY buy for yourself (though you do at times)

So I was wondering if you wonderful TBGers (and guests) would care to share the best gifts you have gotten for your significant others?

donate sperm lol j/k

TICKETS TO THE SENS GAME!!!!j/k

um...jewelry school stuff since she does like it, maybe fancy cloths? Nice boots? Wanna be romantic? Take her out, reserve a spot at a good restaurant. Add a nice touch!

My wife is also a teacher and professional cloths is a must have. Shoes too. Those might be the best. If she drinks coffee then a home automatic coffee grinder coffee maker is a good one too. Think outside of the box. I always surprise my wife. This year will be harder. Our money flow is low......real low. I think I'll take Fast idea this year. It sounds cheap and only take me a min .................lol

Buy her a day at a spa; that way she is nice and clean when she gets home. Then give her the donation..lol.

A day @ the spa, I forgot that one......my wife loves the spa.

Yeah, my wife loves to get a day at the spa. She also does yoga classes 3 times a week so I bought her a year's worth at her yoga studio one time. It can also be something simple. The first year we got married we had no extra money. I took her canoeing through a mangrove park near our home in Florida and we had a picnic I had packed. She really liked that, and it was something simple and cheap (the canoe rental was all of $8.00.) After that we went to the Morikami gardens and fed the Koi in the pond ($.75) It made for a very enjoyable day, didn't cost a thing, and she enjoyed spending the day with me in the gardens and on the water.

Would you guys believe I got her a necklace from Tiffany's when she went away to school and sent her mom to the spa for her birthday? lol

[quote1228948983=sixer9682]
Yeah, my wife loves to get a day at the spa. She also does yoga classes 3 times a week so I bought her a year's worth at her yoga studio one time. It can also be something simple. The first year we got married we had no extra money. I took her canoeing through a mangrove park near our home in Florida and we had a picnic I had packed. She really liked that, and it was something simple and cheap (the canoe rental was all of $8.00.) After that we went to the Morikami gardens and fed the Koi in the pond ($.75) It made for a very enjoyable day, didn't cost a thing, and she enjoyed spending the day with me in the gardens and on the water.
[/quote1228948983]

That makes me think skiing or snowboarding here would be awesome... We just had a snow storm from Hell which will keep the hills perfect for some time.... I like it!

I bought my wife a Tiffany earring and necklace set last year for Christmas and she really liked it. But what she liked more than anything was me making her breakfast and a nice cup of Starbucks Home coffee so that she could start our daughter's first Christmas right. That and they like comfortable pajamas. Like nice ones with an attractive print from some ritsy store. The bad thing about jewelry is that women usually only wear them once in a while and it's really generic unless you absolutely know that they want a specific type, specific color, and specific maker and can get it for them at a price that doesn't break the bank. If you get them something nice, but usable every day, they'll think of you every time they use it, see it, etc. And they'll think about the moment you gave it to them. Planting good memories of a gift in a woman's head is just as good as the gift itself most of the time. They are emotional creatures and the more you feed their good emotions, the better they will feel about themselves and about you and that always leads to what WE want the most.

Half of these TBG guys haven't even been in a relationship with woman for longer than a year. Some of us are older and experienced, but we have a lot of college boys here that only know what good gifts are from watching commercials and cheap TV shows. Take it from a guy who has been with the same woman for ten years; jewelry is not always the way to go. More money doesn't always mean better.

Very true Boon. Last year I bought my wife an 2 carat LEO Diamond. This year I bought her a new car. Last year and this year so far the best gift she said I have gave her was calling off work and going to the movies with her. Just spending some one on one time with her. Its the little things that makes a big difference.

I am going to be very reserved this year. I just want to see how it goes. I have always gone all out. Just cards this year... and for the special lady... flowers.

Well, she LOVES The Beatles so I am going to do a Beatles-themed X-Mas for her :) Thanks for the tips and ideas all :)

Back