Change Alias/Back-Up Profile

-Aura-

There was a guy on TDM server last night wanted to know. I have a tutorial at my place, but thought I'd copy it over to here so TBG guys can see it too :)

This is for COD5, I can see no reason why it wont work in COD4 though the location of players folder is different Instructions are for Windows 7/Vista, In XP, folders are in Documents and Settings.

Start COD 5 Multiplayer

Select Online Profile

Choose New ... then give yourself a new name.

Quit the game.

Ensure Hidden folders are viewable ... to do this C:\ Start>Documents>Organise>Folder and search options>View tab (second one from left) and place a tick beside Show hidden folders, files and drives.

Then

Navigate to Players folder ... Start>Computer>Local Disk (C>Users>"Your Name">AppData>Local>Activision>CoDWaW>players>profiles ... now, open up the profile name you want to change from

Select All and Copy

Then

Click back and open up the player folder that you have just created

Click Paste, say yes to overwrite all files.

Now, play multiplayer game and your new profile is precisely the same as your old one.

You also use the copy player profile folder to back up your working alias. Do this every night when you're ranking up otherwise you will regret it!

Points of note - You can only do this on the same PC as game was installed on and using the same CD-Key, as this is what generates the unique GUID. So if you're full prestige, you can't email your mate your profile, it just doesn't work.

interesting i never thought of doing that but i like my name.

Back