Battlefield 3 jets getting improved in new patch

I'm hoping for more unlocks for them, too. Regardless, I think the biggest problem is the ceiling/walls of the level. Other than that, the long lock time of the heat-seeking missiles is a serious detriment to their use. By the time I lock onto a heli, I'm flying past it. Using the cannon is difficult on far-away targets, too, since you often can't see them.

If only they'd re-implement D2.0. Being able to take down trees and buildings and other obstacles was good.

Are they actually going to add any sort of physics to any vehicle? Everything just feels so fake and console like right now. I'm totally unimpressed at this point.

That's not true the jets have ground effect, that's why you see people drifting in them and landing at flags. I just wish they would fix the heli TV missiles first, they bounce off stuff and don't kill air targets. :(

That's not true the jets have ground effect, that's why you see people drifting in them and landing at flags. I just wish they would fix the heli TV missiles first, they bounce off stuff and don't kill air targets. :(

which is ridiculous, there's no way in any shape or form in physics that a 47,000 lb tactical fighter jet should be able to gain anything from ground effect at low altitudes and land; especially at like .8 mach lol. I think you are referring to the yaw component, which yes you are correct, you can place an aircraft out of trim and "drift" it at low airspeeds, it's called a slipping and crabbing, which is really fun :D.

Good to see that you're doing your homework tho :) Flying is fun!

The lock on for the heat seekers needs to be quicker. We should be able to use the mouse and keyboard to fly the jet, (like BF2) and we need a jet with a bomber with another player helping you.

Jets are fine besides getting the ceiling up...way to low; ground AA is way too powerfull, reminds me of 2142 sentury guns & nade spaming. Even if you hit a chopper with the machine gun it kicks them into a uncontrollable sideways crash. Fucking Chopper TV's do bounce of shit & no spash damage to go with it, either that or it hits behind the target.

Its a bit stupid they talk about the high realism in the game but the vehicles are very differnt equipped when someone else drives it, I think it was better in BF2

jets vs aa, aa wins, no matter the situation, no matter the place. even if the jet has the jump on the aa, with a full round of rockets, and a few bursts from the cannon, the aa will still be up, and will just shoot the jet as it passes. then the asswipe in the aa just repairs the thing and kills the helos and whatever else it feels like. seriously needs some tweaking, give the jets some HARM missles or something

jets vs aa, aa wins, no matter the situation, no matter the place. even if the jet has the jump on the aa, with a full round of rockets, and a few bursts from the cannon, the aa will still be up, and will just shoot the jet as it passes. then the asswipe in the aa just repairs the thing and kills the helos and whatever else it feels like. seriously needs some tweaking, give the jets some HARM missles or something
To make matters worse, just park it behind a tree. The jet can't see you and you get the second shot. That said, they REALLY need to improve either the heatseeking range or the heatseeking lock timer. It's pretty useless at the moment. Another fix to implement may be more frequent countermeasure refills.

When I saw there are no bombs for the jets in BF3 I lold a little.

Shooting stuff with a machine gun... welcome to the 21st century?

I wouldn't mind but the damn jet shakes so fucking much it's impossible to hit anything. That and the ceiling's far too low - you can't even pull a loop. Hoping for some much bigger maps in an expansion. There's nothing I've played so far that matches up to Kubra, FuShe or Daqing.

You can pull off a loop, but not without either starting ridiculously low or bouncing off the ceiling. Impact effects though... really? -_- I'm more pissed off about the walls than the ceiling. Hitting a wall and stalling, sliding very slowly, really sucks. It's an open invitation for AA as well as other jets and especially choppers. It'd be one thing if you could continue turning normally (and get off the wall quickly) but you're just flat-out stuck.

jets do get repaired when you fly over where you took off from. just like bf2. little by little, the things are going into bf3 from bf2. nice and quick transition. Thanks EA but, STEP YO GAME UP!

jets do get repaired when you fly over where you took off from.

I noticed that this morning & assumed I'd missed it before. Now if they'd get rid of the irritating-as-fuck oxygen mask sound effect and fix the controls I'd be a happy fella

Back