Battlefield 2 return?

alexrp1234

Donator
Hey TBG, long time follower here since Battlefield 2 Karkand days,

Not sure if you guys are aware but the game is actually still very playable (1.5 patch) and has a few servers with a very consistent player base. I use to play on your karkand server for years and years and was so upset when the game died. It's free to play of course, and you need to install the bf2hub client launcher, not sure if links are allowed so I'll not include them unless approved to do so. You can install a brand new copy of the game easily as well presented by the lost-soldiers clan on their forums.

Would you guys ever consider hosting a server again for this game? I know you have a large community & and the current problem is that there are 0 active infantry servers for NA players. Currently, there are 5-6 active European servers that a lot of Americans play on, and I know you had great success of running a karkand server for years. Really interested on hearing back about this as my friends and I have longed for an NA community to come back to the game and provide a great server as you guys did for years, and I'd love to be apart of it in anyway and would be MORE than glad to support via monthly donations.

Thanks for reading at least,
Alex

Hey TBG, long time follower here since Battlefield 2 Karkand days,

Not sure if you guys are aware but the game is actually still very playable (1.5 patch) and has a few servers with a very consistent player base. I use to play on your karkand server for years and years and was so upset when the game died. It's free to play of course, and you need to install the bf2hub client launcher, not sure if links are allowed so I'll not include them unless approved to do so. You can install a brand new copy of the game easily as well presented by the lost-soldiers clan on their forums.

Would you guys ever consider hosting a server again for this game? I know you have a large community & and the current problem is that there are 0 active infantry servers for NA players. Currently, there are 5-6 active European servers that a lot of Americans play on, and I know you had great success of running a karkand server for years. Really interested on hearing back about this as my friends and I have longed for an NA community to come back to the game and provide a great server as you guys did for years, and I'd love to be apart of it in anyway and would be MORE than glad to support via monthly donations.

Thanks for reading at least,
Alex

Hello, your name sounds familiar but in any case welcome back and thanks for the post. Yes this could be something we could try out.

Really glad to read your replies Matt & 2Tartu,

I have sent a reply to you Matt & I have rented/hosted several ranked servers in the past year which I can assist with you guys finding, none of which required me to apply for that, and they were completely ranked. I know it says that, however I don't believe it's upheld, as I hosted a couple unranked servers that became ranked with the flick of a switch via bf2cc.

fast set up a server in record time. 24/7 karkand.
use BF2hub for patches and hosting. if you have the keys still they will work

Its been years since I touched this buggy admin tool they call bf2cc :D

Trying to remember it is like a challenge.

We'll be running 24/7 karkand infantry. I got the server located in Washington D.C area. Should be good enough for North American players.

Id be willing to dig out my old BF2 disks if we got a server. I've also got the spec ops expansion

Not needed! I sent the information to Matt as to how to download it with no cd key or disk needed! But if you still have your cd that works too :D

fast set up a server in record time. 24/7 karkand.
use BF2hub for patches and hosting. if you have the keys still they will work

24/7 karkand is imo the best way to go with infantry, unfortunately there simply isn't enough players to spread out the map pool, although it would be nice, karkand is easily the best way to get the server populated quickly and keep the players in! Gotta love that nade spam!
Its been years since I touched this buggy admin tool they call bf2cc :D

Trying to remember it is like a challenge.

We'll be running 24/7 karkand infantry. I got the server located in Washington D.C area. Should be good enough for North American players.

I get a headache just seeing the word "bf2cc" haha, it's still very buggy but I've managed to basically work around the bugs, it's easy once you figure out what crashes what, and a lot of these companies give you full ftp access. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need a hand with it, I know how frustrating it is.

Washington is great! Overall perfect area for players. I've spent some time reaching out to as many NA players as I can remember that still login to discord. Unfortunately, many just gave up as no one stepped up like you guys did and hosted a large slot server! But I can guarantee you once word gets around they'll come back running.
Sweet I'll get it installed tomorrow, looking forward to it

My point made! Haha, see you ingame man!

checking this out, I remember fighting to get the game to my origin in 2011 lol 1594794260947.png

Back