Appealing my ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryfish

BANNED
BANNED
Ethinic words & Racial slurs will not be lifted. We don't care why or with who you used it with. Only in a unique situation a ban such as this may be lifted,false positives for example. Donations for ban lift not offered

What is your in game ALIAS(es):* TheJerryfish

Which game is it?:* Battlefield 4

Your Steam ID:

Server name that you were banned on** TBGClan ALL BF4 MAPS + CONQUEST

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** 12pm may 18th

Admin that banned you (If you remember) auto

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. Saying "nigga"

Any additional comments you would like to add? My bad didn't realize I wasn't allowed to say this word on this server. Usually don't have a problem with servers having black people on bf1. I respect the rules though and will next time use refrain.

FYI: Causing trouble during your ban appeal may extend your ban to all our servers. You've been warned.
And again deliberate slurs will NEVER BE LIFTED including any attempt to troll or test the filter. We dont care or why. Our house our rules! The rules and punishment in the server are very clear. Only false positives or legit context will be lifted.
Yes

This is directed for everyone. Do not respond to ban appeal threads unless you are able to provide pertinent information (or assist the situation), admin involved and/or banned player.

Sorry but we do not lift bans for racial slurs.

I didn't use a racial slur, I used a fairly common noun. Straight from the dictionary "Nigga is used mainly among African Americans, but also among other minorities and ethnicities, in a neutral or familiar way and as a friendly term of address." You wouldn't ban someone for saying "dude", because if someone said "dude, you've been sitting in the back sniping the entire game", you wouldn't insinuate that as an insult, just as saying "nigga, you've been sitting in the back sniping the entire game". I understand how someone might be unfamiliar with new slang, and I'm not here to argue the merit of saying it. My point is that I didn't know that what I said warrants a permanent ban, I'd like to point out that my intention was obviously not one of a racial, insulting, or offensive manner. I simply used it as another part of speech as it should be. The entire point of this word becoming a common noun was to depower the racism behind it. You don't often come across communities that interpret this word as an insult on the internet, especially with the rise of social media such as twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. It's just another part of speech. Just an evolution of vocabulary. But once again, I will always respect, and abide by any rules set. My problem is that there are so many different communities with so many different rules, it's hard to keep track of what server allows what, even if it's not a negative action. If a server didn't want me to say dude, I won't use that word. And if a server doesn't want me to say nigga, I won't use that word. I will respect the rules regardless of what they are.

Once again I do apologize and my intention was not that of a negative one. I do ask that my ban be reevaluated given my full apology, or at least somehow we can come to an understanding here.

View attachment 14514
You have connected to this server for 54 hours, we blast a message on your loading screen and regularly flash it on your screen while in game; so the excuse of different communities doesn't hold water. Again, we do not life bans for intentional racial slurs.

And if you noticed I hadn't played in a few months. I was literally on for about ~20 minutes before I said that. No I didn't see any flashing messages warning me. And there is no way you think that "nigga" means the same thing as "I am a spammer" one being a noun part of speech and one being a noun, an insult, and a slur, especially given the context. You'd have to be absolutely delusional. Like I said before, I obviously had no negative intent. If you want to keep my ban regardless, alright. But if you think what I said was meant to be offensive you're either being disingenuous or socially out of touch. Even my 60 year old parents know the difference between saying nigga and I am a spammer. My black father has said nigga his entire life. He's fought for the word. Just admit you were wrong.

edit = reformatting.

Last edited:
@TruFreelancer

See, nigga first was used back in the Deep Southhttps://genius.com/A-tribe-called-quest-sucka-nigga-lyrics#note-2258248
Falling out between the dome of the white man's mouth
It means that we will never grow, you know the word dummy
Upper niggas in the community think it's crummy
But I don't, neither does the youth cause we em-https://genius.com/A-tribe-called-quest-sucka-nigga-lyrics#note-620660
Brace adversity it goes right with the race
And being that we use it as a term of endearment
Niggas start to bug, to the dome is where the fear went
Now the little shorties say it all of the time
And a whole bunch of niggas throw the word in they rhyme

My point was never to argue the merit of the word on your forum. I thought that you would have even slightly understood modern culture but it appears you're massively out of touch, but my brash nature probably isn't helping me. I'm asking for an unbiased evaluation and you trufreelancer are not capable of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back