Anyone use PeerBlock?

I used to use but recently found out it doesn't really protect you if you are using it to keep torrents private I would use a VPN or at least a proxy, I use a VPN provided by PIA.

The lists I did use were:
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Ads
Bogon
dshield
hijacked
Spyware
webexploit

Yup. peer block isn't a complete solution. I use PIA (private Internet access) as well. It's not free, but it is cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

and as im still novice to all this stuff. is this an IP blocker for when DL/UL torrents. im kinda confused but would like to konw

and as im still novice to all this stuff. is this an IP blocker for when DL/UL torrents. im kinda confused but would like to konw

Yes, that is what it is supposed to be. But it doesn't really work to protect you. Without a proxy, and with a lot of the default utorrent settings you can still be exposed.

It's effectively a targeted firewall, or blacklist. It's definitely better to run it than leaving your ass flapping in the wind entirely unprotected. But as others have said, it offers as much protection as locking your screen door.

ok like said still trying to figure a lot of this stuff out. I got the hardware down for the most part but software im still workin on

Yup. peer block isn't a complete solution. I use PIA (private Internet access) as well. It's not free, but it is cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been looking for a VPN for reasons. And the timing right now is fitting, considering I may or may not know someone who just got a copyright warning from their ISP.

That being said, what's your opinion on PIA? I've never used a VPN and would like to try one out. Is it the only one you've tried? I wanna see which the best one out there is.

I use peerblock and never seed. That said I know its no condom, but more like sniffing before entry.

I too would like to know how to get something more secure set up. Never had an issue, but thats always the case until you do have an issue.

It's effectively a targeted firewall, or blacklist. It's definitely better to run it than leaving your ass flapping in the wind entirely unprotected. But as others have said, it offers as much protection as locking your screen door.

I like it for three reasons.

1. Client
You can either set it up to run on your whole OS, or just use their very friendly client. Has some great features like dNS leak protection, kill switch, choose your location, and optional extra encryption (another install I think)

2. sock5 proxy seperate login
you can use this for utorrent (or other torrent client). You generate it within your account. Then use it and turn off all the stuff that could expose you. You can use this within the client (above) or stand alone.

3. Mobile device support.
I use this on my phone where there is public wifi. Its a nice feature for some extra security.

You can use PIA on up to 5 devices at once per account. Great services.

upload_2015-1-8_19-40-33.png

Another good point with PIA is they don't keep any logs or records which is perfect for torrent use.

Was down to PIA and IPVanish. Apparently IPVanish is the fastest VPN out there and has a lot more locations and IPs to choose from. PIA, however, has an internet kill switch which turns your internet connection off if you lose VPN access(keeps you from accidentally revealing your IP). It's also much cheaper(half as much).

I was about to try out IPVanish because I wanted the bandwidth, but despite all the stuff I heard about how good their customer support was, I saw a lot of people complaining in their forums about issues without a single reply. Kinda made me nervous.

In the end, I figured I'd try PIA for a month to get a feel for it. I may try IPVanish next month for the same reason. Here's some reviews of the two in comparison:

http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/i...et-access.html

http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/i...pn-review.html

http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/p...pn-review.html

Back