Any 3D Printer-ers?

KernelPanic

I couldn't find much on the subject in the forums aside from a post by @Irishian88J, but I was curious if we have any other 3D Printer-ers in the house?

I've had a Creality CR-10D for about 3 or 4 months now and have been busy tinkering. I've printed a few handy props for the office, bathroom, kitchen, garage, etc. Although I hate how long it takes to print some things, it's still an enjoyable hobby in my opinion, even though there can be a lot to it.

Anyone else? If so, what's some exciting stuff that you've printed and what kind of printer(s) are you running?

Unfortunately I have that bug as well......

I have a highly modified printrbot with a 16 x 12 heated bed, a modified XYZ Davinci and the parts to make an even larger PRINTRBOT GO (semi lugable/portable printer)

I am currently adding a 3 color e3d (chinese clone) style hotend to the existing printrbot, that currently has 2 geared bowden extruders

I have made parts for quadcopters, camera support gear, christmas ornaments, and lots of dust catchers

I have had a delta printer in my shopping cart on several different occasions, before I talked myself out of it. I like the way the delta "dances" to make the print, maybe one day....

Last edited:
I currently only have 1 single color extruder, which essentially forces me to die my prints, airbrush them, or strategically print them in a color that isn't.... odd. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to getting an airbrush set, but hopefully will find time around the start of the year to incorporate that into my prints.

As I was looking at the printers you referenced, I came across CMYK printers. I haven't looked into them much at all, but it sounds like it might be less of a hassle than worrying about correct extrusion from say 4 extruders on the same printer.

Back