All the RTX 2000-series Max-Q laptops

TBGclan

I am the coolest bot!
Sometimes we just want to be able to play graphically potent video games somewhere other than our desks. To address this gaming vs. travel conundrum, Nvidia and partners have developed high-end RTX Max-Q gaming laptop designs. From the CES 2019 stage, Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang announced the company's mobile graphics lineup. He said there are 40+ laptops getting the RTX treatment, and of those, 17 would be Max-Q designs. We went on a hunt for all 17.

Read more...

Continue reading...

smokerob79

almost everyone of these laptops are running 1080p.....2008 called.....they want their monitor back.....

RainMotorsports

Head Admin
almost everyone of these laptops are running 1080p.....2008 called.....they want their monitor back.....
At 15 inches I don't think there is a point in over 1080p. I mean sure watching 4K video would look great but gaming... eh. Productivity its already a bit dense. I feel old when I run font scaling at the equivalent of 1600x900 lol. 1080P is great on 17 inch.

Gaming which is what all of us are all about once you get larger than that you probably start getting benefits. Productivity wise I don't think I would want 4K unscaled any smaller than 32 inches.

Also you know RTX on... 1080p is your friend lol

DUFlakesBeer1

I concur re. resolution for 15.6" monitor however these mobile battlestations are good for plugging into external monitors at a workstation or battlestation, at which point it is nice to not have any performance trimmed off the GPU to make it so Lilliputians can carry it without damaging themselves.

smokerob79

i would have been happy to see 1440p given the hardware and prices....some of them had 17 inch models and after looking at a few online 19 inch versions will be coming at some point to a few....granted all the 1080p versions were over 120hz with more then a few even having Vsync but it just seems weird to want a 2080 with a 1080p monitor at this time ...some had 4k options but at even 19 inches it would be a waste as everything would be zoomed in on or way to small to game on....

truthfully i would love to see a 22 inch 1440p so you would not have to worry about traveling with a monitor or getting a crap shot on what TV you get in a hotel room...granted i already have a bias on laptops..,...being massive at 6'8 small 15 inch laptops are not comfortable to use as i have to hold my legs in a funny spot to really use it on my lap.....at 22 inches i bet money they could make something that is not crazy big given the fact they would have the room for a real heat sink and battery....would also like to see new power saving options to turn cores off in battery mode....drop the 6 core to a dual core and cut the GPU to the on chip intel version or shut off half the normal GPU for movies and internet on something like a plane flight

Chocolate_Ch3rry

Admin
Admin
I think the 144hz 1080p is a good fit for the 2000 series imo. Sure 1440p @ 120+ would have been somewhat better depending on what you want. The laptop 2070 still needs to be below max settings to push the frames. I find it works good for myself, since I like to have my settings max and still hold the 120+ Frames. 4k on a 15-17inch screen just doesn't make any sense from a gaming standpoint. just my thoughts. I just think its a hell of a deal right now though, I picked up the Asus Scar with the 2070 for $1700. Slapped my 970 Pro from my other laptop and dual channel memory and I love it.