Advice on steering wheel/pedals for racing games

vonWeizhacker

Admin
Admin
Hello,

I recently played some Dirt Rally with a wheel a pedals. Never did this before and I am a bit hooked. Can anyone share some info on what to buy and or look for when buying and gaming? Thx! :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhh baby.

i have used probably 75% of the setups on the market at this point.

for "my first sim racing" setup, you realistically have 2 options that both come in under $300. the logitech g29, and the TMX pro. having used both of these, my personal recommendation is the TMX pro. It has slightly higher TQ than the g29, which means you can feel more detail from the game. The pedals that come with the TMX pro are also better than logitechs offering. The only downside to the TMX is that the wheel is a bit small for a round rim, and is 100% plastic that rubber. The only upside to the g29 is that it is slightly larger, wrapped in leather, and has a couple more buttons, but overall the FFB and just overall feeling of the wheel is below that of the the TMX.

Now if you want a step up from there, as in youre willing to spend $500-700 for wheel+pedals, i have other recommendations as well.

Back