5ghz

manny8083

Admin
Admin
Finally got a stable 5ghz on my 7700k. Had to delid the fucker and change out the shitty Intel TIM to get it operating at a decent temp. I'm running a 12 hour stress test to make sure the temps stay where I want em. So far they haven't hit above 51c. I also redid my build into the phanteks enthoo primo and put in two 480mm rads and a dual pump because we all know two is better than one. Pics coming soon, and of course nudes for @Soulzz.

what the hell are you doing that requires OC-ing a 7700k at this moment in time?

what the hell are you doing that requires OC-ing a 7700k at this moment in time?
Anything. "Oh overclocking doesn't help video games". Bullshit I have a dozen games installed on my system that are CPU bottlenecked on processors that haven't even been fucking invented yet. Also tell that to a streamer that isn't using GPGPU encoding. I file this right next to "more cores are useless". Sure sure your game isn't using more than X cores. Which one is your operating system running on? How about the 80 background processes? Can you encode video for 7 hours on 4 cores without disrupting your video game time? I mean i only own one desktop so fuck me if I want to get shit done.

Definitely helps in video games. Got about 30-40 FPS higher in BF4 on 1440p max settings with overclocking the 1080ti as well. The question should be why not overclock, if you pay a fortune for your equipment you may as well get your moneys worth. And screw Intel for saying "don't OC your 7700k or delid it"

IMG_20170509_075905.jpg IMG_20170509_075912.jpg IMG_20170509_080130.jpg

That's why my comebacks are so fast, I get an extra 3 seconds to come up with something. :)

ps. Congrats on your overclock!

Last edited:
Anything. "Oh overclocking doesn't help video games". Bullshit I have a dozen games installed on my system that are CPU bottlenecked on processors that haven't even been fucking invented yet. Also tell that to a streamer that isn't using GPGPU encoding. I file this right next to "more cores are useless". Sure sure your game isn't using more than X cores. Which one is your operating system running on? How about the 80 background processes? Can you encode video for 7 hours on 4 cores without disrupting your video game time? I mean i only own one desktop so fuck me if I want to get shit done.

Must be just my thing then. Running i7-2600k and can't really find any good bottlenecks anywhere

Must be just my thing then. Running i7-2600k and can't really find any good bottlenecks anywhere

Just pick the modern classics :p Star Trek Online will peg 2 cores just logging in. GTA 4 is always a good game to tell you how fucked coding can be. Metro 2033 is a classic.

Just pick the modern classics :p Star Trek Online will peg 2 cores just logging in. GTA 4 is always a good game to tell you how fucked coding can be. Metro 2033 is a classic.

There is cities: skylines, though... that thing will eat up my cpu like a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

i5 3570 : 4fps
i7 2600k: 30fps

Back