[H1Z1] 4/24/2015 Update: H1Z1 VIRUS

Bungied2theTree

These will also be the official patch notes if everything is going well on the Test Server. If everything works on Test then we will be patching tomorrow morning at 3AM with a downtime of 2 hours.

Give it a shot and let us know if you see any glaring issue. We will be monitoring this thread so thanks in advance.

Release Notes

• Night vision goggles now available
  • Added HE Grenades to the game.
  • Known Issue: Grenades will not collide with players or zombies yet, nor will they break through windows.
  • Explosive barrels are more reactive now to bullets and there no longer a delay from their initial explosion to killing nearby survivors/NPCs.
  • Molotov Cocktail is now much more responsive and less prone to crashing clients when burning hordes of zombies alive… dead.
  • Resolved various animation and timing issues with the Molotov cocktail.
  • Resolved Molotov cocktail may not trigger 100% of the time when NPC’s / players enter the ring of fire.
  • Only players in your group can build on your foundations / placed structures. This includes placeable objects like furnaces that were being used to grief other players.
  • PCs now provide opportunities for zombies to feed when they die.
Inspect restrained inventory:

When you handcuff a player you can now go through their inventory and take things, their stuff shows up in the proximity pane.

NOTE: Equipped items are not in the list yet, but will be in a future update.

Steam Friends:

Blue means they are online Green means they are in H1Z1

Right click for context menu:

Message – open steam overlay and send a message to this person Profile - open steam overlay and view this persons steam profile

And if they are on a server but not BR: Join Server – log into server that this person is currently on.

Moved character create from server select screen to it's own screen. This is where character customizations such as male/female, face types, hair, etc. checkbox added to server select screen to share your server with your steam friends

H1Z1 Virus - First Pass

You will now be able to contract the H1Z1 virus from zombies. Survivors have a natural immunity against the virus, but this immunity is weakened the more it is exposed to zombie attacks. Currently only zombie attacks reduce this immunity but other means can be introduced in the future based on feedback from the community. Survivors can bypass this immunity and give themselves H1Z1 via extracted infected blood. NOTE: Current implementation of the extracted infected blood syringe allows you to use it on yourself only! You cannot use it on other players. This will change in the near future.

There are multiple stages to the H1Z1 virus once you have contracted it. The virus may not be as noticeable at first but as you advance to higher stages you will begin to feel its affects.

Once you have the virus, you have it for life. Only death or respawning will remove it. Each stage slowly progresses on its own but there are other means to push the virus forward or backwards depending on your actions or items you use.

Stage Progression:

Minor Stage

• Slight damage over time
Advanced Stage

• Minor damage over time
  • Survivor will occasionally cough. This can be heard by other survivors and may attract nearby wildlife or zombies.
  • (Non-PvE only)Zombies will no longer target you. However, attacking a zombie will cause it to attack back.
Severe Stage

• Moderate damage over time
  • No longer coughing
  • (Non-PvE only)Zombies no longer target you
  • Max movement speed slightly reduced
  • Normal food no longer satiates you and normal water/drinks no longer hydrate you. Eating/Drinking them does nothing for you but upset your stomach, causing you to cramp up. Continued eating will cause you to vomit. You must feed from dead players, wildlife or zombies to restore Energy and Hydration.
  • Fresher corpses restore more to each resource and restore a little bit of health. Depending on what is you feed on determines the amount you restore. Bears offer the most while rabbits offer the least. Feeding on zombies will slightly progress your H1Z1 virus.
  • You will be able to feed off corpses a maximum of 2 times.
  • Survivor Tracking: Survivors at this stage of the virus may notice a gaseous effect in the world. This effect means that a survivor was in that spot recently. You can use these markers in attempt to track down other survivors. Survivors at this stage do not leave a marker themselves. Survivors also do not leave a marker if they are inside a vehicle.
Deadly Stage

• Severe damage over time
  • Zombie Vision - First Pass - Currently we have simple color grading in as the first pass. You might see some of this effect happening as soon as the Advanced stage but it will become more apparent at this stage. We will continue to add more features and improve this vision in future patches.
  • (Non-PvE only)Zombies no longer target you
  • Max movement speed slightly reduced
  • Normal food no longer satiates you and normal water/drinks no longer hydrate you.
  • Survivor Tracking
Other related notes

All-in-One Cold medicine slightly reduces your H1Z1 virus. Antibiotics reduces it a little more. Hyperpheron greatly reduces the virus Immunity Boosters and Multi-Vitamins boost H1Z1 immunity to help prevent you from contracting the virus. This is bypassed completely if you use extracted infected blood on yourself. Guts will appear at dead survivors around the abdomen of the body after it has stopped its rag doll. Survivors with severe stages of H1Z1 will have the option to feed on the corpses of wildlife, zombies and the newly spawned guts from dead survivors.

Known Issues: There is supposed to be a progression bar on your vitals. Once you have H1Z1, this won't appear unless you log out and come back in.

Only players in your group can build on your foundations / placed structures. This includes placeable objects like furnaces that were being used to grief other players.

YAY!!!!

We need to know who put our foundation down. We cannot place anything on it now. We cannot replace doors unless whoever built our platform is online. We can't place anything new on our apartments now.

There are a lot of problems with this.

Flown by iRaven using Tapatalk.

We need to know who put our foundation down. We cannot place anything on it now. We cannot replace doors unless whoever built our platform is online. We can't place anything new on our apartments now.

There are a lot of problems with this.

Ok actually breaking this down...this is going to cause a lot of problems

I am running tests. I was able to place a storage box in my room, but It tells me i do not have permission to place a sleeping mat on the floor.

I am working on tests. I can only do so much having access to some parts. I will try placing something in a room in the apartments. I doubt we can replace a door however. I can't do this without leaving a room vulnerable.

Edit: I was not able to place a Bee Box anywhere within the apartments. I was able to place it on structure stairs i built within our base.

Last edited:
I was able to place on structure stairs as well. However I cant place in my small shelter because Joe built it. So Joe, you and me need to see if we can place stuff in the others apartments.

Also thanks to Bee Box glitch my hives are now invisible and floating outside the south side of my apartment.

virus stuff sounds amazing. i wanna try it like the giggles of dayz

I'll join you. I'm already infected. I plan on filling all of our syringes with infected blood

vehicle are nurfed , turbo either doent work or is nurfed hard, water reduces your speed as well in a vehicle

lwN2J7h.jpg

Lighting a candle in my memory. The virus is almost half way progressed.

I'm stuck in troll base! Well I can jump out...But won't be able to get back in.
I can use the door on my room but none of the others work. This is Fucked.
Not sure what to do with my almost 600 rounds of ammo?

I'm stuck in troll base! Well I can jump out...But won't be able to get back in.
I can use the door on my room but none of the others work. This is Fucked.
Not sure what to do with my almost 600 rounds of ammo?

Doors are also a confirmed glitch... They really FUCKED everything up with this patch

Back