When it rains it pours

SlickSTi

This morning I had a server with a RAID controller battery that bloated so much it bent the card it was attached to and also damaged the system board. I got that fixed.

Now I just got news a SQL server at a remote site lost both physical drives in a RAID 1 array, which hosted the OS. Oh and this happened before the weekly full backup. So tomorrow I have to try to fix this shitstorm. So I'm probably going not be available for the Bungie games of even if I am I will be too worn out to even participate. We'll see.

Not the RAID controller from this morning but exact same issue. Apparently its a thing with these. The one from this morning was much worse.

Probably not the same issue as the remote SQL server though. I did tell the local guy to check though.

Af3jAMN.jpg

Fuck me. Remote site complete network or power failure now. Can I get a god damn break.

Well I was glad to be able to have some fun in the Bungie games even though you all just raped me. Woke up today for my birthday at 7:30 AM with offshore all derp about how to failover a cluster and they screwed it up. Had to upgrade a couple of servers at noon and just now finished. Whew. This was one of the worst birthdays ever but its better than the one I spent in jail.

Last edited:
Back