Theme Rollout Part 1 - Mobile friendly front page.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Background
Okay so prior to the arrival of our new theme the current theme is getting a redo from scratch. I however am slowly rolling out these changes to the current copy as well so people can get a taste of it.

Change 1
Undoing the modifications to the front page that allowed FAST and any other HA access to the moderator tools on the front page. This will make the front page fit on mobile like it should. The current implementation will have bugginess to it. The real implementation will not come until later.

The current implementation still uses the javascript sidebar relocate script which on slow phones or even good ones sometimes can cause issues. I will be moving to a flexbox layout which will work smoothly. There are some tablet resolutions that might be funky atm, not sure.

Should you want the old fixed width front page back it is available in the style chooser bottom left of the site. "Wide FP".

Last edited:
Oh good. I thought something was wrong with the site on my phone. Lol. Good work!

Oh good. I thought something was wrong with the site on my phone. Lol. Good work!

Nope. You have to do a tiny bit of a zoom out. Not sure what the cause is. Might be the old header design. I'll try to prevent it in the redo but either way it's now mobilr width.

Its looking good. I have one thing I noticed. If I am at work, and I click the login it skips a few frames then appears down for the login credentials. If I am however on my gaming computer, the credential tab flows down smoothly, and back up as well. My work computer is no slouch, but it seems we have higher "recommended pc requirements" than Arma. Have you noticed? has anyone else noticed? This has always made me wonder. Otherwise keep kicking ass and stay away from that crazy strange!

Its looking good. I have one thing I noticed. If I am at work, and I click the login it skips a few frames then appears down for the login credentials. If I am however on my gaming computer, the credential tab flows down smoothly, and back up as well. My work computer is no slouch, but it seems we have higher "recommended pc requirements" than Arma. Have you noticed? has anyone else noticed? This has always made me wonder. Otherwise keep kicking ass and stay away from that crazy strange!

What fucking piece of shit browser are you using at work. The slide down effect is basic and stock. Nothing added from the base software.

ROFL I think it is powered by VW :p Chrome baby, all day everyday!

ROFL I think it is powered by VW :p Chrome baby, all day everyday!

I will have to look at it. The transition animation itself can very easily be done in CSS3. I think the actual trigger is javascript and I have a feeling because of legacy support the whole thing is javascript.

As a professional I have always taken the stance to support older browsers. However since Windows XP is technically no longer capable of browsing the web (Google, Facebook, Youtube are only still working because of work arounds, but at this point all secure sites should have stopped working as of this year) and Vista is now 4 OS's ago I only support IE 11+.

My official support policy is 3 OS generations or 10 years whatever comes first. So IE11, Edge, Opera 12.16, Most versions of Chrome/Firefox after version 4. So we can afford to lose some of the older effects.

ROFL I am on windows 7 and 10, oh and my laptop is 8.1, same issue ;). No worries, just noticed an issue that I am not sure you have seen. Really if it isn't just a check box, who cares on spending too much time on it.

Back