The Build

Chainspike

So I have started on a new build and some people asked me to put up picks. It is going to be a white/black build theme.

The radiators and white carbon fiber wrap for the case.

Two pump mounts one white and one black. And white pump cover and there is a black pump cover also not shown in the pic. Also believe the motherboard EK block is in the pic.

One of the side panel wrapped in custom carbon fiber

The custom cut MSI CPU block which will light up.

I also have custom made stickers for the fans with the MSI krait logo on them. I'll put up a pick when can find one in my folder here .

One of the custom cut acrylic pieces which will be going into the bottom to form a white arcylic cut PSU cover. Also they will be wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl when all is said and done.

Pics of the cable case mod cabling and zillion corsair fans which will be going onto the two rads.

One of the 980's cabling done and still working on the other one. Can see the custom white black casemod cabling. Had to customize it a little bit to fit my older AX-1200

Main problems running into is room. I am not sure how I'm going to fit 2 x 250mm reservoirs and 2 D5 pumps. It's going to be hard to tell until I can get the radiators mounted up to see how much space I got to position everything,

You'd be better off with 150 reservoirs, that's for sure. I have a larger case than yours and a 250 is too big IMO. If I had to do it again, I would have used the 150 instead. Next time. Anyway, looks good so far. How'd you make the bottom shelf? Is that acrylic? Did you make that or order it somewhere?

You'd be better off with 150 reservoirs, that's for sure. I have a larger case than yours and a 250 is too big IMO. If I had to do it again, I would have used the 150 instead. Next time. Anyway, looks good so far. How'd you make the bottom shelf? Is that acrylic? Did you make that or order it somewhere?

I am going to drill out the rivets and remove the drive cage to give me a lot more room and Also going to run a piece of acrylic up the side to mount the reservoirs too. Damn I wish I had a 250MM reservoir mock up to play with.

It's a white acrylic sheet I cut to fit on the bottom. I have to make some more cuts for the sides and then glue them together. It has some protective cover sticky over it for now while I get measurements and ideas. I got a huge piece of it off ebay 1/8" thick.

Are you going to make like a light box out of the bottom piece of acrylic, or just use it as a divider?

Problem is I want the frozen Q.

Its going to look like that except it's going to be a white/black helix coil

They have 160 versions of the same thing

LF_160_B__26928.1406644734.1280.1280.JPG

http://www.performance-pcs.com/reservoirs/frozenq-lf-reaction-160mm-reservoir-blue-helix.html

Could be wrong but looks like the older 800d to me.

Nice! Makes me want to make my case all "purdy" now. I've painted mine to have red venting to go with the fans and components but I've never played with the acrylic or carbon fiber wrap. Would be hard to see anyways since my case is crowded

I'm going to post some updates tomorrow because I'm going to take the computer into work and drill out rivets for cage and cut off the tabs I need to get rid of. I'm thinking about picking up a cheap case just to be a temporary home for the system until I get this case finished.

Drilling out the rivets.

Drive cage removed from the case.

Corsair fan with my custom sticker.

New case rivets.

ok have whole case disassembled with all rivets out. Going to send 4 pieces out to get powder coated white. Here I am cutting off tabs to make room for the acrylic pieces and making sure they fit flush.

Back