Teaser trailer of the new Star Trek T.V. series!

Seems like they are taking one of the concept designs from back in the 70's when they were first doing preproduction for ST:TMP. Not sure How I feel about it given the recent events with CBS and Paramount.

I would like to place my hopes on this series launching successfully, but just like most AAA games, I'm going to error on the side of caution.

terrible CGI video no longer on official youtube channel they pulled it down

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/star...ture-female-lead-bryan-fuller-talks-timeline/

With production expected to get underway soon, despite the fact CBS has remained mum on casting, Star Trek veteran Bryan Fuller confirmed Discovery will follow a female lead – playing a Lieutenant Commander, no less – and that the network has currently ordered a total of 13 episodes with the possibility of an extension.

Set some 10 years before Captain James T. Kirk ventures out on his five-year mission in the original series, Fuller teased that older characters from the original series could make an appearance. It’ll be rooted in the Prime universe, too, offering a change of pace from Paramount’s live-action movie series, which takes place in the Kelvin universe.

“Since we are doing this series in 2016, and all the other series have been produced in a timeline that isn’t as sophisticated as we are now in terms of what we can do production-wise, we’re going to be reestablishing an entire look for the series. Not only for the series, but for what we want to accomplish for Star Trek beyond the series. So we have to start early on with a touch point where people can understand and have access into it, show them how we’re reimagining Star Trek and then hold their hand as we pull them hopefully into iterations a lot of different timelines beyond what we have seen.”

CBS is yet to nail down a premiere date for Star Trek Discovery, but the series is expected to bow at some point in January.

Seems like they are taking one of the concept designs from back in the 70's when they were first doing preproduction for ST:TMP. Not sure How I feel about it given the recent events with CBS and Paramount.

I would like to place my hopes on this series launching successfully, but just like most AAA games, I'm going to error on the side of caution.

What recent happenings? You mean fans blatantly using IP and expecting to get away with it or JJ Abrams thinking he has a say in jack shit.

More of how it's a limited run of episodes going along with the feeling it will be worse than ST:ENT. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Back