Someone smashed my window and almost stole nothing.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Walking up to my car which was parked a half mile from the house I noticed a laptop backpack and a large metal case that looked exactly like mine. I walked up and pipped the case. My entire fucking magic the gathering collection which I had left in the car since I couldn't park anywhere near the house.

I walked a block further to the car figuring they must have taken my brand new set of power tools. Passenger side window is smashed and the glove box open. I lift my leather jacket in the back seat up to find my tools are still in the car. They took nothing. They must have decided to check the 30 pound case they were carrying to see if it was worth lugging. Wish they had taken the tools and left the cards but I'm glad to get them back.

IMG_20150527_124439.jpg

IMG_20150527_124457.jpg

IMG_20150527_124854.jpg

Leave nothing that could be perceived as valuable in your car. I like how no one noticed shattering glass. Never ceases to amaze me.

Man that sucks!!! Been there. It cost me more to fix my damn window than the value of what they took from my truck.

This situation reminds of when my brother-in-law, a judge, moves to California. I said to him don't leave anything visible in your Mercedes.
Well mister know-it-all leaves his dry-cleaning in the car, and someone broke into his car and took his clothes.
Man, it is unbelievable what some people do to others!

Man that sucks!!! Been there. It cost me more to fix my damn window than the value of what they took from my truck.
The fun part is going to be getting a window out of the junk yard. Can't take batteries in. But someone mentioned using the battery off my power tool to get the window down even though it's 18v

That sucks man
I just leave my car unlocked
I've had the windows busted out even with the doors unlocked. Dumbasses could have saved us both some trouble and just opened the door. I don't leave anything in my car except maybe an empty water bottle I drink on the drive in to work.

Sorry you had that happen, Rain. I hope you're able to get it fixed soon.

Yeah... I just figured... well if they really want the 50 cents i have in the ashtray... they can open the door instead of busting the window.

I wouldn't leave your door unlocked, if you do by chance leave something of value in your car it would surprise you how many criminals wont bust the door because they are afraid of the noise. That and your insurance may not cover you if you left your car unlocked, but will cover the window if it is broken. best thing is to not leave anything that could be perceived as valuable in your vehicle.

The fun part is going to be getting a window out of the junk yard. Can't take batteries in. But someone mentioned using the battery off my power tool to get the window down even though it's 18v
this will work just fine ;). Its honestly your best bet for a cheap fix. that or burn it to the ground and call insurance... might be easier too

Yeah... I just figured... well if they really want the 50 cents i have in the ashtray... they can open the door instead of busting the window.

Had that happen last time. Had my computer laptop all kinds of shit in the truck. Just came back from vacation. They stole the quarters and the magazine to my USP out of the center console. Left a knife behind.

My old man always said there were two things you didn't fuck with:

2. Another man's car.
Exactly. My car is my life. You fuck with my life I have no qualms about taking yours even though by the law its straight up murder.

Back