So I may have just dropped $1500 in 45min...

bot102

Was out at dinner with the parents while I was home for a few days over Thanksgiving. I have been meaning to buy a gaming laptop for deployment for some time. I just happen to be scrolling through some deals and saw an AlienWare 15 R2(Specs to come) for $1200. ($1283 with tax)

Was marked down from $1500. Figured I would just buy it and add an M.2 SSD. Which is where I blew another $140 on Newegg for a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD. All the same time I had read some reviews on the laptop that it likes to get hot, so I spent $35 on a CoolerMaster X3 cooling pad.

I think I have a decent laptop bag at my house but I may have to buy one as well. In a matter of 45 minutes at a restaurant I opened up a small hole in my heart because I hate spending money.

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Windows® 10 (64-bit)
8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5
1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s HDD
500GB M.2 SSD(The one I got)
15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display

1x) Power/DC-in Jack
(1x) Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet IPV6
(3x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Port
(1x) Thunderbolt™ 3 Port (USB Type-C™ with support for SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 40Gbps Thunderbolt, and DisplayPort)
(1x) Alienware Graphics Amplifier Port
(1x) HDMI (2.0 with NVIDIA /1.4 with AMD) Output
(1x) 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
(1x) Audio Out 1/8" Ports (Compatible with inline mic headset)
(1x) Headphone 1/8" Port (retaskable for Microphone/Line-In analog audio input)
(1x) Noble Lock port (cable and lock sold separately)

AlienFX Lighting Zones
10 unique programmable zones with up to 20 distinct colors providing over 10 trillion lighting combinations

Camera
FullHD 2MP Camera with dual digital microphones

Exterior Chassis Color
Epic Silver

Keyboard
4-Zone, multi-color RGB, keyboard with AlienFX lighting controls
5 user-programmable keys providing up to 15 distinct functions per application or game

Memory Slots
2-SODIMMs

Software: Alienware Command Center
AlienFX™
AlienFusion
AlienAdrenaline w/ Accelerator
Alienware TactX™

Touchpad Details
Backlit button image sensor trackpad with all-points addressable (APA)

Seems like you've found something that should work for you. And You got the cooling pad which is always important with those lap tops.

I have not tried it, but I don't recommend a FPS with the touchpad! I use a cordless office mouse, badass laptop but I have an office mouse. Hmm....if anyone finds cybermonday deals on a noise gaming mouse lemme know

Welcome to Alienware! What color did you get?

03ZiRA6.jpg

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Eh, my brother dropped 4000 Australian on his pc a month back.... (yes it makes me a little jelly.)

I hope it works well for me too. I don't know about any colors in is coming in. Thought it was default black.

@Mex, that Negra Modelo looks tasty but its too close to the laptop. Just saying. Damn it sure looks good right about now.

Was out at dinner with the parents while I was home for a few days over Thanksgiving. I have been meaning to buy a gaming laptop for deployment for some time. I just happen to be scrolling through some deals and saw an AlienWare 15 R2(Specs to come) for $1200. ($1283 with tax)

Was marked down from $1500. Figured I would just buy it and add an M.2 SSD. Which is where I blew another $140 on Newegg for a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD. All the same time I had read some reviews on the laptop that it likes to get hot, so I spent $35 on a CoolerMaster X3 cooling pad.

I think I have a decent laptop bag at my house but I may have to buy one as well. In a matter of 45 minutes at a restaurant I opened up a small hole in my heart because I hate spending money.

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Windows® 10 (64-bit)
8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5
1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s HDD
500GB M.2 SSD(The one I got)
15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 220-nits Display

1x) Power/DC-in Jack
(1x) Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet IPV6
(3x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Port
(1x) Thunderbolt™ 3 Port (USB Type-C™ with support for SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 40Gbps Thunderbolt, and DisplayPort)
(1x) Alienware Graphics Amplifier Port
(1x) HDMI (2.0 with NVIDIA /1.4 with AMD) Output
(1x) 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
(1x) Audio Out 1/8" Ports (Compatible with inline mic headset)
(1x) Headphone 1/8" Port (retaskable for Microphone/Line-In analog audio input)
(1x) Noble Lock port (cable and lock sold separately)

AlienFX Lighting Zones
10 unique programmable zones with up to 20 distinct colors providing over 10 trillion lighting combinations

Camera
FullHD 2MP Camera with dual digital microphones

Exterior Chassis Color
Epic Silver

Keyboard
4-Zone, multi-color RGB, keyboard with AlienFX lighting controls
5 user-programmable keys providing up to 15 distinct functions per application or game

Memory Slots
2-SODIMMs

Software: Alienware Command Center
AlienFX™
AlienFusion
AlienAdrenaline w/ Accelerator
Alienware TactX™

Touchpad Details
Backlit button image sensor trackpad with all-points addressable (APA)
Good Luck BOT

Back