RAM upgrade (for a laptop)

MEX_cuz_I_CAN

I have 16 GB RAM right and I have a lot of web-browser tabs open, at least 7 at a time, so I use a lot. Currently I'm using 48% of my RAM. I'd like to max it out at 32 GB (so 4 x 8GB) but need tips on where I should get it from.

Info on the 4 x 4 GB RAM sticks in right now is:
Source SMBIOS
Memory Size 4.00 GB
Memory Type DDR3 (1600 MHz)
Memory Manufacturer Samsung
Memory Part Number M471B5173CB0-YK0

I'm thinking of the Crucial sticks because Dell is charging silly prices ($74.99 per stick) even though the specs are the same as this

If you have advice on other brands, prices, think Crucial sucks and I should go with Samsung, whatever let me know! I don't remember if I've tried Crucial RAM, Kingston worked without problems on a desktop years ago.

Are you using Windows 7? I believe I heard that windows 7 can only utilize 16gb of ram.

Are you using Windows 7? I believe I heard that windows 7 can only utilize 16gb of ram.

ya I'm on Win7...for real? even with desktops? I have a laptop but just wondering about laptops too. I would upgrade to Win10 for double the RAM.

ya I'm on Win7...for real? even with desktops? I have a laptop but just wondering about laptops too. I would upgrade to Win10 for double the RAM.
Depends on the version...home version that's the limit but if you have Pro version the limit last time I looked was 192gb or something equally ridiculous

win 7 ram limit is that low only for home version. here's the infograph
windows-7-ram-limits.png

The most important thing when looking for ram, besides the specs matching your laptop, is that it it has a lifetime warranty, if it doesn't then it's junk, I know corsair's 16gb set goes for 80 and crucial's goes for 70. If you're worried about it not working on your laptop just use crucial's scanner, it will tell you what's compatible with your system, then work from there.

Back