Project Squad (From the makers of Project Reality)

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder

ALONE ON THIS BATTLEFIELD, YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE.

Welcome to Squad.

Squad is an online, team-based military themed first-person-shooter where high levels of teamwork and communication are crucial to success.

Built from the ground up in the Unreal Engine 4, Squad pits teams of up to 50 players against each other in white knuckle modern day combined-arms combat scenarios, with both conventional and unconventional forces.

The players dictate how the scenarios unfold with base-building and interactive environments, intuitive squad command and management tools and large-scale warfare where strategy and leadership are just as important as a quick trigger finger.

VISIT SQUAD ONLINE
Join us at http://www.joinsquad.com for extensive coverage of the last year's worth of development, and jump into our forums to interact directly with the Dev Team. We've been reading and connecting with everyone in the forums for a year, and hope to see you join us in the conversations today.

So its like Arma? I hope they have dedicated servers for this. Would be nice to host 100 slot server. Lol

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So its like Arma? I hope they have dedicated servers for this. Would be nice to host 100 slot server. Lol
I would think Arma without control complexity.

I would think it BF2 : PR with updated engine.
Not sure what kind of Game Modes were in ARMA, but if it is creators of PR, there will be Assault and Secure(sorta like conquest), Skirmishes(sorta like death matches),and at least Insurgency (gotta clear random terrorist weapon caches). Loved being on taliban and setting up IEDs and ambushing convoys! Also the VBIEDs were fun as FUCK! hehe At least that is what I am hoping for.

Also not sure in ARMA, but if you want a spawn point in this game(other than base), you are going to have to be a squad leader, request supplies (or bring a logistics truck) drop supply crate or two, and have your squad/team build it from scratch. And each team is going to be limited to how many can on a map or distance from each other.

I am stoked. This game is going to be fun. Just hope my machine will be able to run it at decent settings. Going to be a non-cheese, non-arcade VERY Teamwork orientated game.

Last edited:
When it gets released, I will make some footage and post up and give an unbiased opinion on it.

IDK the last steam game I played was limited to 60fps by Steam and I gave up on them then.

IDK the last steam game I played was limited to 60fps by Steam and I gave up on them then.
I've never run into that issue on any steam games.

THIS new "PR" game, even if you run 60 FPS, its about the TEAMwork required to win games and the fun you have doing it. It is NOT fast paced(until you engage/enemies engage you). There is no defib yer alive(wham bam kinda shit), there is 1 medic per squad and he has X(usually 8) amount of epi-pens to revive you(if he dont get to you in time, you bleed out)....after he revives you, he has to apply field dressings to stop bleeding, but you might not be at 100%. But bleeding has stopped so you wont bleed out. It may not be "ARMA" realism with all the controls, but as far as TEAMwork and communication, it rapes. Each player has 1 field dressing, depending on where you are hit, 1 dressing MAY stop bleeding. If you get headshot, medic cant fix/revive that. There is NO "quick scoping", ultimately NO cheesing. Like I said, it isn't fast paced unless you are engaged(or playing a skirmish mode).

Steam or no steam, the simple control(based off BF controls) realism is where it is at!

What game was that? I've never had an issue with steam itself causing issues/limitations for FPS, etc. I have a ton of steam games and haven't had an issue. Steam is 100% better than origin for sure.

Back