Plasti Dip

FossilMaker31

Admin
Admin
Just curious if anyone has done this to their car? I'm thinking about doing it to my emblems and the grill of my car. If you have how much of a pain is it or is it pretty easy to do? Share your pics if you've done it please.

Guy at work has done a lot with his jeep. I'll ask him when I see him later this week if I remember and the answers here are lacking. He made it sound easy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hmm I wonder if I could do this to protect the body from all of the shit they put on the roads during the winter

I thought that too Iguanidon. from like the bottom to about 8 inches up to protect from the salt and road grime. Make your vehicle a two tone look. They have different colors to choose from also.

My old work truck we Plasti Dipped the frt grill and the wheel rims, held up really well even driving down gravel oil roads that where beat to hell. When it came time to trade the pickup in used a hot water pressure washer, pealed corners up, and it pulled right now. seems like using the spray paint can was easier then buying it by the 1/2 gal or bulk.

Just want to make sure its very clean.. whip it down, spray it, and let it sit for couple hours, and it has to be something like 40-50 F out for it to dry correctly

11987051_430348917173912_7390450267394676188_n.jpg

i have my tail lights, emblems, exhaust all done in plasti dip. its awesome, easy, looks good, and at any point you dont want it anymore. you just pull it off.

I'll have to wait until it warms up I guess. I'd like to get the rims done up as well as get a coat on the rockers to keep the salt off.

seen lots of cars done right and alot done wrong. just make sure you follow the steps properly and have fun. Expect it to last 2-3 years without abuse ;)

Nice slapshotz. How long it take? Did you take the wheels off of just put plastic behind? How many coats did you put?
no i took them off my car but i kept the rims and tires together i just took 1 side of a cereal box, and curved it around the rim then sprayed them. if any got on the tire i just peeled it off lol i did 3 coats. on my rims, 2 heavy coats on my tail lights, 1 heavy coat on my emblems and 3 light coats on my exhaust.

This looks like a neat way to protect your tires from paint if you can't be bothered with actually removing the tires from the wheels. Playing cards.

At least take them off your car so you don't get any over spray on your vehicle though. Good luck!

playing cards.jpg

A guy I work with painted some stuff on his car like the mini spoiler and the rims. I'm not sure if it was plasti-dipped. Whatever he used you could peel it off with some work, he's had it on all winter and hasn't had a problem with it. It hasn't snowed so I don't know if it will work the way the east coasters would want it too.

Back