Overly Dramatic Chinook

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
@Dirty-Lex This ones for you - http://imgur.com/gallery/mwSPu

LdFvHkV.jpg

A0sxlmS.jpg

It's a good thing those things float for a few hours because the Corps puts one in the drink pretty much every year off the left coast.

hehe....got some good shots of those things from llaughghanistan....look bulkky and fun as hell to fly....especially if something goes wrong

Was in one of these for Op Foal Eagle in 2006. Having manned a Hawk door gun and a Chinook tail gun, the Chinook felt way faster. I am sure Lex can confirm/deny.
Frankly I have no idea how our rotary birds stay aloft. I once concernedly asked about the hydraulic fluid leaking, crew chief told me, "If it ain't leakin, we ain't flyin!"

Chinook's the fastest chopper in US service. Something to do with the advancing blade, the sound barrier and twin rotors having a shorter blades for the weight. We have the Lynx, which is faster and can also FLY UPSIDE FUCKING DOWN which seems daft for a helicopter but might come in handy one day.

Chinook are like our fat kind of awkward and really really laid back cousins. Imagine a dude who drives an RB vs. A Hawk pilot who drives a corvette ;). Everyone LOVES flying in Blackhawks

Lex, was I right about the limiting factor being the advancing blade tip and the sound barrier? Feels like something I should know.

Back