Nvidia 1080 TI to lauch in January 2017

sixer9682

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-launch-january/

Nvidia’s upcoming GTX 1080 Ti graphics beast is reportedly launching at next year’s CES in January featuring the company’s high-end GP102 GPU. Packing 3328 CUDA cores, a 1.6Ghz boost clock, 12GB of GDDR5X memory & an impressive 10.8 TFLOPs of graphics horsepower. The new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is set to deliver Titan X Pascal flagship performance at a significantly lower price. This latest leak comes from China where effectively all of Nvidia’s channel partners manufacture their graphics cards.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, A Price Cut Titan X Pascal For The Masses
Just a couple of weeks ago we reported that Nvidia’s announcement that its CEO Jen-Hsun Huang was going to “break news” regarding a new gaming product. A couple of weeks before that we reported on the alleged GTX 1080 Ti specifications that surfaced on the web. Which indicated that the 1080 Ti will, for all intents and purposes, render the GTX Titan X Pascal effectively obsolete. Delivering nearly identical performance with an identical memory capacity at a significantly lower price.

The GTX 1080 Ti will be powered by a slightly cut back variant of the GP102 GPU. 52 out of a total of 60 SMs are enabled with the remainder 8 SMs lasered off. This is only four SMs fewer than the GP102 variant used to power the GTX Titan X Pascal, Nvidia’s fastest graphics card to date. Although the GTX 1080 Ti will come with fewer functional CUDA cores than its bigger brother, it will actually perform just as well.

Cutting a few more SMs from GP102 has more to do with improving yields rather than roping in performance. In fact, to make up for the cut SMs Nvidia has reportedly pushed the clock speeds up significantly compared to the Titan X Pascal. The result is 10.8 teraflops of FP32 compute compared to the Titan X’s 11. Furthermore, because Nvidia is allowing its partners to go wild with designs we’re bound to see factory overclocked 1080 Ti’s that outperform the Titan X right out of the box. Very much exactly like what we had seen with the GTX 980 Ti & the original Titan X last year.

Oh yes, i like the way you talk dirty to me baby ;)!!! oooh those teraflops..... I knew This was coming but nobody believed me lol, THIS is the reason why i didn't buy a 1080 yet!!

Oh yes, i like the way you talk dirty to me baby ;)!!! oooh those teraflops..... I knew This was coming but nobody believed me lol, THIS is the reason why i didn't buy a 1080 yet!!
Same here; it took longer than expected but I'll get this when it comes out in January. For now I'm still happy with my 980.

Who's dick will I have to suck to get one? The 1080/1070 are expensive as hell, can't imagine what a 1080Ti is going to cost.

Hopefully there'll be a nice drop in price of the 1070 and 1080 when the TI comes out. I don't need to drop over 1000 bucks on a card to play a game that will be full of hackers. :)

Hopefully there'll be a nice drop in price of the 1070 and 1080 when the TI comes out. I don't need to drop over 1000 bucks on a card to play a game that will be full of hackers. :)
even a 1060 would be a good boost for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I always buy the 'best' nVidia card at any given time, that costs $250....that's my rule.
My 770 was a steal at the time I bought it...so was the 660, and the 260, and the 6800 GT, and the Matrox (400?), and the VooDoo 3300...

It never ends...

I want one! Sixer makes it sound sexy ass hell even tho i dont know what the hell teraflops are. lol. I'm going to start saving right now. At the moment i have the 750 ti. :( Is it going to cost over $300? That was what i got budgeted for my next video card upgrade.

I want one! Sixer makes it sound sexy ass hell even tho i dont know what the hell teraflops are. lol. I'm going to start saving right now. At the moment i have the 750 ti. :( Is it going to cost over $300? That was what i got budgeted for my next video card upgrade.
Yeah it'll probably be more like $600-$650.

The thing about buying the high end card is it's resale value. Once you shell out the money, you can turn around and get the next generation for $150-$250 out of pocket by selling your current high end card. They hold resale value much better which makes it cheaper to upgrade next time.

I've never spent more than $250 for a top end card and that was one time. Usually it's between $150 and $200 which is cheaper than Paying $300 every time.

'I'm waiting for the GTX 1270 to come out'
It will have a voice activated anal probe that vibrates your prostate if you get knifed.

Back