NEW BUILD TIME

TcThief

Dam, the RE20 is a series microphone. I hope you make some coin with streaming.

Why not purchase a m.2 SSD?

Last edited:
Looks good just worth mentioning, i'm guessing that Strix edition doesn't have the reference PCB so you might be limited on what water block you can buy but i'm sure EK should have something.

Also if you need any help with mics etc @JoeLeb knows his shit.

Ive made a couple hundred nothing big though. Not like I could quit my job and pay the bills but I mean donations payed for the mic.
Im broadcasting at 1400 EST 2000 my time tonight BTW... In two hours. This game is kinda dying so I am DL BF1 as we type. Drop by at watch if you get a chance. I have seen fritoz in there. I average about 40-90 viewers a night.

I checked your setup Ash... we are runnign like the exact same shit man. My loop is a hybrid that I built though. I was going to go with the new Sabertooth cause I think the ST are awesome MBs but this Maximus is sexy as fuck.

Looks good so far; that's a nice PSU and monitor.
I was looking at that same case just yesterday.

Are you doing hardline tubing this time? IDK if you want to take the time to do that, but the PETG or Acrylic tubing looks so much nicer...just it might be a pain if you're frequently making changes to your rig.

I can offer some advice on your sound chain if you like, wanna chat on TS some time?

In the meantime, let me point you to a site that has lots of good stuff. www.bswusa.com They have some podcaster bundles put together at some pretty sweet discounts for the bundle. And if you call or email them for a quote they sometimes can do even better and probably offer military discounts too.

The re20 is a broadcast mic that is standard equipment in radio stations around the world, the advantage is that it's pro quality and will hold it's value for many years. You'll also want an xlr mic cable, and I would highly recommend a small audio mixer that sits on your desk to control the volume of your speech easily. The software mixer on an audio interface is no where near as graceful or convenient as a mixer. Headphones to plug into that mixer are nice too.

There's a bundle at bsw for 299.99 that includes a different mic, a cable, a mixer, headphones, and a desktop mount for your mic. While not as deluxe as the setup you posted, it has the advantage of being cheaper and more than enough quality for streaming and podcasting. You could always add a mic arm like that rode.

Here's the 299 dollar option I just mentioned just to get you started. http://bswusa.com/Podcasting-Packages-BSW-Internet-Radio-Going-Pro-Kit-1-P10533.aspx

Again, would be happy to chat anytime, hope that all is well with you. Good luck with your build.

edit: Oops, upon reading your post again, it looks like you already ordered the other mic and stuff. Never mind. :) That's definitely a nice mic, good choice!

Last edited:
Probably too late, but you could've saved $20 and got two 16gb dimms, 6700 only supports dual channel. But still a very nice build.

1080TI is out in jan, might want to just wait for that and get the FTW version. Also 7700k is right around the corner but that's only a 30% or so increase.

63TOtRR

Image didn't display, just a box that says I copied the url and pasted the image here for you.

63TOtRR.jpg

Back