Last edited:
FUCK YES - LONG LIVE PANTERA AND THE LEGACY OF DIMEBAG! 420

DOMINATION!

Attachments

• pantera_by_ucarts-d4aayok.jpg
    pantera_by_ucarts-d4aayok.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 313
My dimebag story

In Mesa Arizona, we have an outdoor venue that isn't too hard to sneak backstage.
Pantera plays.
I sneak in the back where the busses are.
I see a local D.J. who I know, and i walk up to him, to add 'credibility' to my being there and lack of a Laminate around my neck.

There is Rex,Dime,and Phil.
They have set up a little P.A. system of 2 12's and have Van Halen CRANKED.
This is back before iPhone and such, so the feed of the music is coming from a long cable from their bus.

Dime walks up to me and says 'Bro, why haven't you called me?"

I shift my eyes- nobody behind me, he IS talking to ME?
'Man do you need my number again?"
At this point, i litterally am speechless, saying nothing, and the very popular D.J. is looking at me like 'wtf, you KNOW dime like THAT?'

He clearly mistook me for somebody.
He writes his number down and hands it to me with a guitar pick.
I finally say something like 'sorry, I was busy' to finally answer Dime.

At this point everybody back there is looking at me like 'who the f is this guy'

Phil, then sees some kids allllllllllllll the way in the back of the back, shouting at Phil through chain link fence.
Since I now have 'street cred' in Phil's eyes, thanks to Dime, I say 'Hey Phil- some kids back in the bushes are calling you'
There is a chain link fence surrounding the buses, and its completley overgrown with 7foot thorny bushes. So the fact that fans are there, meant they were far beyond driven, to get a glimpse.

Phil walks over out of his way with me, and sticks like 3 fingers through the little chain-link rectangles to 'shake hands' with these kids.
Epic.

And yes, I called DIME's number, but only a few days after he was shot. It was clearly him on the voicemail.
His girlfriend RITA, still pays to keep his cell phone active.(or did for years)
I just ran into Rita a few months ago at a Sebastian Bach Show.
Part of me wants to bang her, just so I know my cock filled the same hole as Dime's THATS HOW BIG A FAN I AM!

All in all I saw Pantera 3 times i think.
Near the end, DIME was working with KRANK amps, which is located a few miles from my house, and he would be at the bar alot after 'testing' the amps.
He gets shot 2 weeks after this video.

Last edited:
I'm an old metal head myself! I'll never forget the day that someone selfishly decided to take Darrell from us!
Let me add that Darrell and EVH had a pretty close relationship. Maybe it was because of the fact that both of them were awesome axe players, but I seem to think it had more do with what they had in common...both had brothers on drums for most of their careers!

Darrell had once envied Ed's signature black and yellow bubble bee striped guitar (similar to his mass produced red and white frankenstrat). Ed showed up at Darrell's funeral fucked up (drunk, high ect)..carrying his original (not the copy) 1979 bubble bee guitar. He laid it to rest with Darrel in his casket!
Eddies speech is quoted as...“Dime was an original and only an original deserves the original,”
God bless the metal gods!
http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists...d-with-one-of-rocks-most-iconic-guitars/49776

Last edited:
bump for you @KhEuZz

rip Dime
This is the best Shampoo commercial EVER! ;)

Rip Dime!

Walk:
Run your mouth when I'm not around, it's easy to achieve.
You cry to weak friends that sympathize.
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word.

Back