Leaked third-party Nvidia GTX 1080 designs

Polygonals

Here's the whole album. https://imgur.com/a/PbhwO#TY4NIiI

I love the design of the Zotac cards, the LED backplate is awesome, I can't see the pins though. The most promising design is the EVGA FTW edition, which sports two 8-pin connectors, offering better overclock-ability (theoretically). With the current Founder's (reference) edition from Nvidia, thermals aside, it looks like your max clock is about 2.2Ghz, and you can't go higher because you're restricted to the single 8-pin connector (you also can't have a stable 1.8Ghz without liquid cooling, even) Another 8-pin gives you about 100 more watts to work with.

EK has also announced their 1080 waterblock, which looks awesome by the way. It's made for the Founder's edition, but hopefully it may be able to mount to the EVGA FTW edition so you can get an awesome clock. The theoretical higher clock can't be confirmed since there could be other restraints. We just won't know until it's in some hands and people mess with it. Personally, if you're planning to get one of these cards, go with one that has more than a single 8-pin connector, it looks like Pascal has wonderful overclocking potential with the right cooling, and spending extra on the Founder's edition with a single 8-pin limits you.

Want the 1080 FTW. must find things to Craigslist.....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I always go with Evga but wow they look tacky on this.

That's interesting, I thought that the new EVGA designs look so much better than previous designs. Before they seemed too plastic-y and cheap (or boring). Now they look a bit more substantial. I'm really not liking the Gigabyte design, it looks just awful. Asus has a decent vibe going, not much has changed in their department, it's nice to see a seahawk already on the market, but it has an ugly plastic shroud that I do not digg at all, and only one 8-pin connector (Let's give you a liquid cooled card but not let you use it to it's full potential!). I'm probably going to snag the EVGA FTW next week if it can use the EK waterblock.

I can't get over the sexy backplate on the last Zotac image, it's not on the market yet, but I can confirm that it has two 8-pin connectors!!

I'm not a fan of any of them really, the top ones looks ok. An EK plexi block can soon fix that though.

I use an EK full waterblock on my old EVGA GTX 680. No problems with it, so looks like I know what I'm getting for my birthday next month *wings hands with a grin*

Since I watercool my system, I'm not worried about the shroud, just function.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of the EK water block and going SLI.

"New NVIDIA® SLI HB bridges are not compatible with EK-FC1080 GTX water blocks! You can still use the regular SLI bridge that comes with every SLI supported motherboard."

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of the EK water block and going SLI.

"New NVIDIA® SLI HB bridges are not compatible with EK-FC1080 GTX water blocks! You can still use the regular SLI bridge that comes with every SLI supported motherboard."

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't aware of this. Also waiting to hear if it's compatible with the EVGA FTW edition.

Back