Ladies and Gentlemen I now have internet and no soul.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Speed Test!
1025780264[1].png

So I sold my soul to the devil and am paying almost twice as much as originally expected. Also the wifi on the supplied modem is crap.

Signed up for the X1 Internet Pro Plus with Showtime, supposedly 75 Mbps and 45+ channels, turns out its local channels plus show time and the Internet was definitely provisioned for 25. Didn't bother we needed more channels.

So they put me on a plan with all the channels I wanted but 25 Mbps. I like dealing with people in store but I figured I would give the phone service a try. As expected, new customer, serviced right away...lol. Dude tells me he gets this call all the time, the original package is mainly about internet speed and I was fed the usual Package.

He told me it was either 10 more a month for 75 or 12 more for 150 and when I asked what the deal was on the second year he was straight up and spelled it all out. 25 but since its an add on I can cancel that later without effecting my

So I have gone from $80 a month ($50 plus 2 boxes and 1 modem) to $120 and now I am stuck in a contract versus no contract but I have Internet and I have had Comcast for years with no issue so fuck it lol.

Ditch the Modem Wifi combo and request a Docsis 3 modem and get your own Wifi router. Those Modem/Wifi combos from any provider are shit.

Holy shit! RAIN is still alive!

Every day you don't have some psycho bitch kill you is like surviving Normandy.

Windows ISO download and Updating Star Trek Online at the same time saturated it no problem:
upload_2015-9-3_0-26-24.png

Upload speed seems slow. We have Verizon with 50/50.

ADSL is Assimetric DSL, the download speed is multiple times of the upload, and is always stated.
If your ISP give symmetric DSL thats a bonus.
Until the last few years, ADSL served us very well, since upload was not so important. Since streaming and other new ways of internet usage take place, most ISPs offer symmetric solutions.
Also, it has nothing to do with the cabling method, im on fibre, and my download about 10 times faster than my upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4633475491.png

If it wasn't for the expansions this wouldn't be too bad of a wait:
View attachment 8610

Many times your HW in your PC is the bottleneck.
Pointless to get more download speed than your HDD write speed in this situation.
In most situations the HDD will write 50Mbps-ish, but dont forget, you download and install at the same time, and getting about half of the write speed is good.

Many times your HW in your PC is the bottleneck.
Pointless to get more download speed than your HDD write speed in this situation.
In most situations the HDD will write 50Mbps-ish, but dont forget, you download and install at the same time, and getting about half of the write speed is good.

188 Mbps is 23 MB/s its not 1998 anymore any mechanical drive half empty and defragged will handle that. A 1 Gbps download would also not give my SSD any grief at a mere 125 MB/s

Sequential empty write speeds of all my mechanical drives have never dropped below 125 MB/s. Real world is different but the raid array I use for video recording is even faster in benchmarks.

Don't confuse Megabits and MegaBytes

Back