HELP ME! My Computer keeps losing time

Deputy Swan

Hello. so I been pissed off at squad for a month.. kept having disconnect errors. well turns out its not squads fault as me n soulz figured out last night. My computer does not keep time. like I will update the time, its good for a hour.. and then time stops and it will not update. so its 01:42 I update/sync time. about 02:30ish time will freeze on my machine and not advance.. causing problems with EAC when I game.

I have tried all kinds of things to fix it.. ordering a new mother board battery. but I dont think that will change anything when machine is running?

any body have any ideas....

update. I took a battery out of a old PC I had laying around... put it in my pc. and 0 issues now! one dead battery caused me all kinds of headaches.

Count yourself one of the lucky ones, heh.

You can test those batteries by putting your tongue on it, same as the 9v just not as strong. They should last like 7 years.

You can test those batteries by putting your tongue on it, same as the 9v just not as strong. They should last like 7 years.

Yes and no, those batteries give off a spike at first, best illustrated with a simple $4 tester, but after a second or two, the charge can drop to nothingness - with your tongue you feel the first zap and are like "oooh, this one's fine", when in fact the battery is dead.

The more expensive silver-oxide ones, though, they don't pull that kind of shit(if they're dead, they're dead) - generally not available for the 4-digit sizes (LR1220+), though.

Back